Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

drivers

851 views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  doggie007 
#1 ·
Hi, i dropped my toshiba laptop, then tried to reinstall windows 7, but i get messages asking me to install the drivers, i havent got a cd with the drivers on is there another way of doing it. thanks in advance

#3 · (Edited)
i dropped my toshiba laptop
You may have damaged the computer and the HDD may not be usable. Take the HDD out of the laptop and attach it internally to a desktop computer or via a USB Adapter or put it into a USB Enclosure or Dock with a power adapter and run Diagnostics on the HDD based on it's manufacturer. If it fails diagnostics, the HDD should be replaced.
With the drive back on the computer, Boot into Setup (Bios) go to Drives or SATA, if the mode is set to AHCI or RAID, change it to IDE or Legacy or vice versa.
If you need the SATA drivers, you can download them from the Toshiba web site for your model.

#9 ·
If a laptop has been dropped and it no longer operated properly then it is highly likely that there is a hardware problem. That is the kind of problems that a fall will create. Software solutions such as reinstalling the OS or drivers will not solve hardware problems. Error messages may or may not be meaningful.The OS doesn't know that the computer was dropped.

Do as spunk.func suggested in post #3.

#11 ·
You are not following instructions. Did you follow the instructions in Post #3? Start by diagnosing the HDD on a working computer other then the dropped laptop,
Did you change the HDD mode in the Bios?
If you have done those two things, when you boot off of the Windows disc, it will recognize your HDD and you will not need drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.