Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Driver_Power_state_failure Acer Aspire 6930g

3K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  usasma 
#1 ·
Hi
Sometimes when i "wake" my computer from hibernation(I think thats what it is called in english) I get a bluescreen saying Driver_power_state_failure and I have to restart my computer. Is there a way to solve this?
I´m attaching the TSF_Vista_Support zip file which I have generated. It´s in Swedish but I hope you will understand.

//Duzii

Attachments

#2 ·
Your Xtreme N Gigabit Router doesn't have drivers installed (?I didn't even think that they needed drivers - and don't have one on mine?) Are you having any troubles with yours?

The BSOD's point to NETw5s32.sys - a component of your Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100 AGN adaptor. Please do the following:
- download the latest Win7 driver for your Intel wireless device from http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx
- uninstall the current wireless drivers from your system using Control Panel...Programs...Uninstall a program
- install the freshly downloaded drivers
- wait for another BSOD

Also, Please update or remove these older drivers that were loaded at the time of the crash. Don't use Windows Update or the Update drivers function of Device Manager. Please use the following instructions to locate the most current drivers:
How To Find Updated Drivers:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.
- some driver links are on this page: http://www.carrona.org/drvrdown.html

Here's the older drivers:
Code:
avgio.sys    Thu Feb 22 09:57:32 2007 - Avira AntiVir
VSTAZL3.SYS  Wed Oct 15 20:30:03 2008 - Conexant SoftK56 Modem Driver
VSTCNXT3.SYS Wed Oct 15 20:29:13 2008 - Conexant SoftK56 Modem Driver
VSTDPV3.SYS  Wed Oct 15 20:32:04 2008 - Conexant SoftK56 Modem Driver
winbondcir.sys Wed Mar 28 01:51:32 2007 - Winbond MCE CIR Port Driver (infrared receiver) probably best obtained from the PC Manufacturer
Summary of the BSOD's:
Code:
Built by: 7600.16385.x86fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Debug session time: Tue Jan  5 17:05:38.449 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:54:38.594
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for NETw5s32.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NETw5s32.sys
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME:  System
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Debug session time: Fri Jan  8 12:58:44.300 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 10:42:24.986
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NETw5s32.sys
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Debug session time: Tue Jan 12 13:17:04.570 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:58:25.380

#3 ·
Hi!
I was a bit confused about the supposed driver for the router as well, still it´s working flawlessly.

I checked the driver for the intel WiFi Link 5100 AGN adaptor in device manager and it stated that I already had the version of the driver that the intel page had. But I uninstalled my drivers and installed the ones from the Intel page anyway.

I updated the conexcant and the Winbond MCE CIR Port Drivers, but i´m not sure what to do with Avira antivir. I got antivir from the avira page back in october, I think, and it updates everyday.

Thanks for all the help, I will post again if I have another BSOD.

/Duzii

#4 ·
Replace the drivers even if they're the same (or even later) dates - this way you'll overwrite any corruption that may exist.

If you can't update Avira, then uninstall it and choose another antivirus while we're testing:

Anti-Virus Removal:
Please do the following:
- download a free antivirus for testing purposes: http://www.carrona.org/freeav.html
- uninstall the Avira from your system
- remove any remnants of Avira using this free tool: http://www.avira.com/en/support/kbdetails.php?id=135
- IMMEDIATELY install and update the free antivirus
- check to see if this fixes the BSOD's

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.