Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Downloaded Software Won't Run

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  GZ 
#1 ·
I've recently downloaded a couple files. One is a game (from GOG.com), another a BIOS update (from Dell), among others. When trying to open either of the two above, I get the following error message:

"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher"

Another recently downloaded program gives me a checksum fail type of error message.

I've kept up to date with Microsoft updates, and have tried running them in various compatability modes, but get the same message each time.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated, as I am rather significantly tech illiterate. Thanks!

Computer: Dell Alienware M15x
Processor: Intel Core i3 CPU, M350 @ 2.27GHz
RAM: 3GB

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello uhohspaghettios and welcome to TSF,

There are certain 32 bit programs, especially binaries, that will not run in a 64 bit environment.

Could you provide me the links to the programs you are attempting to run?

#4 ·
I am sorry, but I have removed that link.

This is copyright protected software and it does not seem to be an authorized download source.

If this is where you downloaded that software, I would recommend not doing so in the future.

Please provide the link to the Dell update, from the Dell site only please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.