Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

Don't Stick It Here!

This is a discussion on Don't Stick It Here! within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Dell Optiplex 745 SFF - Vista Premium SP2 I have a flac file with 18 audio tracks on it. I'm

Old 02-17-2017, 09:10 AM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

Dell Optiplex 745 SFF - Vista Premium SP2

I have a flac file with 18 audio tracks on it. I'm trying to cut them into 18 individual files. I put the entire file into Audacity and copied one track to 'New'.

I tried to export the new single track into the Music folder. I couldn't save the file to the 'Music' folder. I have run into this problem before. Some things I cannot save to the desktop. I am not given a reason. But, I have always been able to save to another location.

This time, I have tried several different locations, and each time I am told I cannot save to that location. I cannot save it to User, Computer, Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, Videos, Favorites or Temporary files.

What's going on? I've never not been able to save an audio file somewhere.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Don't Stick It Here!.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	301537  
likekinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2017, 04:11 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 10 64 bit, Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX 10.11.5

My System

In Audactiy, Go to File/Export not Save. If FLAC doesn't work, try AIFF
spunk.funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 04:42 PM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

I did go to File/Export. I think I have found the problem. As soon as I test my idea, I will get back to you.
Old 02-17-2017, 04:53 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

The title was too long and contained unacceptable characters. Once I removed those characters and shortened the title I was able to export it to music.

"VIVALDI: LE QUATTRO STAGIONI: i. Allegro (Concerto No. 1 in E 'La primavera')

Thanks