Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Disc reading problem

700 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  ryanko6 
#1 ·
I would just like to say hi to everyone with this being my first post.I'm having a problem with my computer not reading discs and can't seem to find a solution.Hopefully someone here can help me,I've tried to research the problem myself but got nowhere.

What happened was I was uploading a bunch of files from discs to save in my ''documents''. They were mostly wmw files coming off of DVD-R discs.I had only saved select files of each disc on my computer.After I saved the files to my computer and then tried to run several of the discs again later they will not read.

Some of the discs will play but some will not.For instance,I went to ''my computer'' with one of the discs that would not play in the drive and it says that there is still data on the disc.I thought maybe it got erased somehow but that's not the case.

Now when I was uploading some of the files I accidently had Windows Medai Player playing the disc while transferring files and the computer was making strange sounds.I quickly stopped the Player from running.Possibly I considered the disc drive went bad but it still plays select discs with files on them.When I put in the discs that don't read it sounds like the computer just keeps revving up.

Any help would be great.:4-dontkno I'm pulling my hair out over here.Thanks

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.