Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Directing Roaming profiles to a local user account

868 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  andrewkrukowski 
#1 ·
Hello,

I have a rather unique setup here where I would like to be able to point domain user's roaming profiles to a local account on a Windows 7 PC. Would anyone know how to do this?

We have many computers here, all with a local user called "PE" for profile editor, which I would like to make the standard profile for people logging in. The systems are all locked down with a program called DeepFreeze, which means that no changes would be saved locally at all. Right now PE is set as the default user, so every time someone logs into a computer here, it copies the PE profile to their new profile. However with all the software we have, this profile is around 100 MB in size, which leads to login times of about 2 minutes.

My hope is that I can slim this login time down by implementing this:

1. User logs on with domain credentials

2. Because they have a roaming profile set up to point to C:\Users\PE, they are able to get right in with very little login time. Now they get on quickly and have access to their allotted network storage space.

3. When they log off, the computer will restart and will be back to a fresh image.

Step 2 is the one that I am unsure of how to implement. Does anyone see a way this could work? Thanks for your help.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.