Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dialog Boxes Are Blank

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  joeten 
#1 ·
Hello,

I am having an issue in which some dialog boxes (specifically boxes that require input: next, close, etc.) are blank. (see attached) I am unsure of when this began, but I think it occurred around the time that I installed Reimage Plus to help with some other issues. I have since uninstalled Reimage Plus and done a complete malware/virus scan using Malwarebytes and Hitman Pro.

My research suggests that this may be an issue with regsvr32 jscript.dl file. I have tried to reload this file, but I receive a message that says the file was loaded "but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005." Continued research of this code suggests a possible registry error. I ran a registry cleaner (I know, not the best thing to do), but the problems continues. The problem also occurs in safe mode.

On a related note, my Windows Update continually fails for a particular update. The update that fails is KB2647753 (see attached). The error code is 80070490. After researching this error code, I downloaded the System Update Readiness Tool from Microsoft. The hotfix was successfully installed (see attached), yet the problem persists.

I appreciate any help.

Attachments

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.