Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

Dell Studio Laptop hard drive wipe

This is a discussion on Dell Studio Laptop hard drive wipe within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category.

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 05:38 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi IŽam having lots of trouble my computer is slowing down and start when it feels like takes way to long to do that and sometiems messages that access denied comes out just like that. I already have done this with my desktop in the past and its a big diference it change some for better and I would like to do the same with the laptop but what would I need to do this if its just one hard drive and I have external hard drive (western digital) cna this work or how its done please.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:48 PM   #2
- Microsoft Support

OS: Windows 8.1 64bit/Ubuntu 14 LTS 64bit via Vm Player

My System

Access Denied can mean you do not have administrative right on your pc through your user profile. What are you trying to access?

GO to the link "PC Running Slow?" follow all instructions to help speed up your system. If there is no positive results report back here. Let us know how it goes.

Virus Help
Ubuntu Live CD
PC Running Slow?
Memtest
UBCD
Remember dust buildup in your PC can be a killer!!
Old 11-09-2012, 07:45 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer_24 View Post
Access Denied can mean you do not have administrative right on your pc through your user profile. What are you trying to access?

GO to the link "PC Running Slow?" follow all instructions to help speed up your system. If there is no positive results report back here. Let us know how it goes.
Stillo I would really like to wipe the Hard drive nothing better like a good starter and I just uses this laptop to conect to internet but doesn't storage anything in it never before it's a del studio and it comes with all the Dvd's a cd's when I bought it but I can jus reinstall the one I have because is OEM so doesn't let me do any of the reinstalls due to that and the acces denied is jus comming out when I start teh computer Im really suspecios of a virus because doesn't even let me install an antivirus ( Norton ).
Old 11-09-2012, 07:49 AM   #4
Administrator
Micosoft MVP

Team Manager
- Networking
- Microsoft Support
- Hardware

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

If you have the Dell System restore ( not all Dells do ) you can use that and you will not need a install CD

Dell - Technical Support

If not, You can get a reinstallation guide specific to your Dell here ( You will have to change the operating system to match yours.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:22 PM   #5
Registered Member

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Rich View Post
If you have the Dell System restore ( not all Dells do ) you can use that and you will not need a install CD

Dell - Technical Support

If not, You can get a reinstallation guide specific to your Dell here ( You will have to change the operating system to match yours.

Thanks for your help I actually format the Drive and reinstasll everything the only thing is giving me issues is that I have a fingerprint acces to get the computer starter and I have not been able to work it properly I try to install it and says that it has not been detected and I know it works for fact it was doing it right before I did the format on the drive my computer have a partition D: is call recovery but the drivers are not ther I even check in the cd that came to install the software for the finger print input but doesn't let me runnit because keep on saying that hasn't detect it I tryied to delete de application but still comes back everytime I restart the computer then it sent me to dell.com but I have to pay for the driver again ? shouldn't that driver be in the cd installer from this company ? can someone give me a hand with this ?
Old 11-12-2012, 12:27 PM   #6
- Microsoft Support

OS: Windows 8.1 64bit/Ubuntu 14 LTS 64bit via Vm Player

My System

Drivers are free from the manufacture of the computer. If the drivers are available download it and install it.

What is the model number of the Dell computer?

Virus Help
Ubuntu Live CD
PC Running Slow?
Memtest
UBCD
Remember dust buildup in your PC can be a killer!!
Old 11-12-2012, 12:33 PM   #7
Administrator
Micosoft MVP

Team Manager
- Networking
- Microsoft Support
- Hardware

You can go to the Dell support site, enter your Service Tag Number and download the drivers. Be sure to use IE and do not use the Dell Download Manager!

Just download the driver file, save it to the desktop and double click to install

On the list of drivers, click on the Download File and on the next page, choose Single File Download . .

See this for the order they should be installed:
How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order | Dell
Old 11-12-2012, 12:56 PM   #8
Registered Member

Quote:
You can go to the Dell support site, enter your Service Tag Number and download the drivers. Be sure to use IE and do not use the Dell Download Manager!

Just download the driver file, save it to the desktop and double click to install

On the list of drivers, click on the Download File and on the next page, choose Single File Download . .

See this for the order they should be installed:
How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order | Dell
I don't remenber weer to finf the service tag number I still got the receibs when I bought it but it doesn't say anything like service tag number.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:58 PM   #9
Administrator
Micosoft MVP

Team Manager
- Networking
- Microsoft Support
- Hardware

Should be on a sticker on the botttom of the laptop . . you can also let Dell scan for the tag number

Old 11-13-2012, 03:09 AM   #10
Registered Member

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Should be on a sticker on the botttom of the laptop . . you can also let Dell scan for the tag number

Awesome buddy thanks a lot this was the only piece missing to complete the puzzle. thanks a lot.