Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

Dell N5110 Plugged in, not charging

This is a discussion on Dell N5110 Plugged in, not charging within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I know I have found many people with this same problem but seemed to have tried everything I can imagine.

Old 10-18-2013, 11:38 PM   #1
Registered Member

I know I have found many people with this same problem but seemed to have tried everything I can imagine. My Dell laptop is at a 0% charge and says "plugged in, not charging." Here is what I have tried so far:

-New power adapter (with correct wattage)
-New battery
-Updated BIOS
-Uninstalled Compliant Control Battery Method and re-installed it
-Replaced daughter board

None of these have worked, could I have blown a fuse in my motherboard? the computer works great plugged in I just hate to get a new one because it is no longer portable unless I am close to an outlet. Any others with the same problem who had to try something different and it worked?

Thanks!

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New windows 8 laptop says 'Plugged in, Charging' but doesn't charge!
Hi I just bought a refurbished HP Envy M6 laptop from PCWorld, and for some reason when I plug in the charger, the battery icon says 'plugged in, charging' however it has been stuck on 12% for over 3 hours now! The battery level on the icon increases at first (i.e. it goes up and down, showing it...
vamos124 Windows 8 Support 1 09-19-2013 02:41 PM
New laptop says 'Plugged in, Charging' but doesn't charge!
Hi I just bought a refurbished HP Envy M6 laptop from PCWorld, and for some reason when I plug in the charger, the battery icon says 'plugged in, charging' however it has been stuck on 12% for over 3 hours now! The battery level on the icon increases at first (i.e. it goes up and down, showing it...
vamos124 Laptop Support 1 09-19-2013 02:28 PM
HELP: 0% available (plugged in, not charging)
Okay, so I got an ASUS UL30A model (probably 2 years old now) and suddenly I noticed in my battery icon that it is low and says "0% available (plugged in, not charging)" and when I remove the charger it shuts down immediately. I searched the internet for solutions and I found some but it didn't...
Mcccelvs Laptop Support 2 01-03-2013 07:41 AM
Dell Inspiron 15R N5110 overheating?
Hello, I am going to buy a Dell Inspiron 15R N5110 soon and i have seen some post's in a forum that it have overheating problems. Is this true? Also a guy posted this claiming that it will help with the overheating, is it possible? READ I CAN HELP WITH THE OVERHEATING. First open battery...
Sysesc Laptop Support 2 07-20-2012 12:46 AM
Charger plugged in, not charging.
I plugged in my charger in the morning two days ago and it was working fine. Then i plugged it in at night and it didnt work. I kept trying these past two days it still doesnt work. The charging light doesnt go on. the charger works fine i dont know what the problem is..i have had this laptop for 3...
suzzxe Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 3 02-20-2012 01:41 PM