Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

Dell inspiron 1525 screen not working HELP!!

This is a discussion on Dell inspiron 1525 screen not working HELP!! within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a Dell Inspiron 1525. I have it connected to a samsung lcd tv through the hdmi port to

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 03:25 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525. I have it connected to a samsung lcd tv through the hdmi port to watch movies. Yesterday I connected the hdmi lead but the tv didn't detect a signal. So I tried a system reboot. The screen on the laptop lights up as in you can see the back light working but thats the limit to it. The laptop sounds like it is loading fine. dvd drive running hard drive working lights flashing etc. Anyone with any clues as to what the problem could be, and a possible solution would be very much appreciated.

Old 07-19-2011, 05:01 PM   #2
- Microsoft Support
- Networking

Tony, so the problem is your laptop is turned on, but the laptop screen isn't displaying an image?

Disconnect the HDMI cable, first. Look across your top row of keys on the keyboard. Tap the key with an icon on it that looks like a computer screen, then wait a second and see if your screen lights up It may be the F8 key, not sure. On some models you have to hold down the Fn key while you tap the F8 key. That toggles your LCD screen on and off.

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dell Inspiron 1520: Very Dark Screen Problems
A few weeks ago I started my laptop and stumbled upon a really dark screen although when I flashed a really bright light I was able to see what was going on but barely. When I would hook it up an external monitor, everything would function just as normal as if there was nothing wrong with the...
Ryuzaki786 Laptop Support 4 12-24-2011 05:34 PM
Dell 1525 screen flickers on/off and then shuts down
hi, I am having an issue with my Dell Inspiron 1525(Vista). It will turn on but screen will flicker on/off and then it will shut down on its own. I appreciate any suggestions to fix this. I will list what I have tried so far. Any Ideas? 1. different battery 2. running laptop with power...
Brian1821 Laptop Support 4 06-25-2011 10:13 AM
Couple of hardware problems with my Dell Inspiron 1525, appreciate any advice
Hello, I need some advice with the hardware in my laptop. Someone gave me a laptop recently because the screen didn't work (they would rather buy a new laptop than pay to fix it). I fiddled around with it (took the top part of the screen apart and check connections, replaced inverter) and...
Play3rOne Laptop Support 1 05-05-2011 09:03 PM
Dell Inspiron Mini 1018 Wireless not working
Hello, I recently decided to switch from Windows 7 to Ubuntu netbook 10.10. It hasn't been the best start, as I had trouble installing it, now trouble getting my wireless to work. I have just about given up, so I hope someone here can help, since I am really liking it other than the fact that I...
gilmour73 Linux Support 1 04-15-2011 04:07 PM
Dell Inspiron 9300 blank screen @ startup
Dell Inspiron screen stays blank during bootup. I can hook up an external monitor and system is running fine. Problem was intermittent at first but I put laptop on a shelf once the screen stayed blank about 7 months ago. Now I'm trying to get it started again. Any ideas of where to start with the...
obsoleteatnew Laptop Support 3 01-04-2011 06:23 PM