Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

CryptnetUrlCache folder: why is it there, I don't use IE?

14K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  jenae 
#1 ·
I came across this 'buried' in the 'Users' folder. I did a quick search and it's suppose to be some security deal for IE that I DON'T use.

So the question is; why is it there since I NEVER use idiot Exploiter other than cluttering up a already bloated O/S?? :rolleyes:

#2 ·
This folder is used for Secure SSL web connections with IE and Google Chrome. For secure online transactions, like a bank, or other credit card info. Unless you DO NOT want to visit any web site via SSL, you can remove all content inside the sub-folders of subfolders of "Content" and "MetaData" https://www.digicert.com/ssl.htm

#6 ·
You may not use IE but there are Windows components and third party applications that use IE components or even the browser itself. When Windows has a facility for performing a function it makes good sense to use it wherever it is appropriate. There are signs of this other than noted earlier. Another is the use of the IE Temporary Internet Files folder.

#8 ·
third party applications that use IE components or even the browser itself.
I'm glad you brought that up. Yes, I have gathered that.
Even thou I choose another browser as my default, there are still these lamo's that open IE (especially after a install or uninstall) and direct it to their websites. page. :angry:

Is there a way to stop these lame, poorly written programs from using IE and use the browser of MY choice if it is actually really necessary? After almost 20 years, one would think M$ would wake up and un-tie (or should I say un-weld) their bloated browser from the O/S. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.