Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

Computer won't boot after receiving explorer 9 updates for vista

This is a discussion on Computer won't boot after receiving explorer 9 updates for vista within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. After trying to rebbot my laptop to complete the installation of explorer 9, my computer simply stuck. System Restore doesn't

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 08:28 AM   #1
Registered Member

After trying to rebbot my laptop to complete the installation of explorer 9, my computer simply stuck. System Restore doesn't work and neither does anything else. A Startup Repair message flashes on my screen saying "Windows cannot repair this computer automatically. If you have recently attached a device to this computer, such as a camera or portable music player, remove it and restart your computer. If you continue to see this message contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance." This problem concerns an Acer Aspire 6920, OS Vista ( SP1 i think ). Please do keep in mind that Acer had the great idea to sell products without a spair DVD/CD of Vista.

Please help me if it is possible. Thank you

Old 04-22-2011, 10:27 AM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi and welcome to TSF nealy all computer makers provide software on your machine for making recovery discs they do not provide disc anymore,if you failed to make them you can go here and order them for a small fee https://secure.tx.acer.com/RCDB/Main.aspx?brand=acer

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:38 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeten View Post
Hi and welcome to TSF nealy all computer makers provide software on your machine for making recovery discs they do not provide disc anymore,if you failed to make them you can go here and order them for a small fee https://secure.tx.acer.com/RCDB/Main.aspx?brand=acer
Thank you for your answer, glad to be here. Therferore i have to presume that's the only solution would be to use a recovery disc?
Old 04-22-2011, 04:01 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Send a message via AIM to Dracia Send a message via MSN to Dracia

You probably will have a super secret partition on your hard drive with the recovery files. The key press to activate it is different across all different brands of computer. For example, some use F11; mine happens to be all complicated. I have to press F8 to go to the safe mode menu, then choose the option to repair my computer. From there I can restore to day one.

I'm not sure what Acer's trigger is, but it should be findable on the internet.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:25 PM   #5
TSF - Enthusiast

My System

If your computer does have the hidden partition for a factory restore, it should be listed on your boot screen. In your case, that would be the one that shows the Acer logo.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:47 PM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracia View Post
You probably will have a super secret partition on your hard drive with the recovery files. The key press to activate it is different across all different brands of computer. For example, some use F11; mine happens to be all complicated. I have to press F8 to go to the safe mode menu, then choose the option to repair my computer. From there I can restore to day one.

I'm not sure what Acer's trigger is, but it should be findable on the internet.
Mostly kind of you Dracia, thanks a lot. I've already tried to restore my pc using your tip before asking help in ths forum, it seems that it was pointless, but thanks again
Old 04-22-2011, 11:01 PM   #7
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Press "Alt + F10" on your keyboard when the Acer screen appears at the start of the boot up process. Wait a moment while Windows loads the reset files. Select "Restore System from factory default" in the Acer eRecovery Management window.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:38 AM   #8
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daifne View Post
If your computer does have the hidden partition for a factory restore, it should be listed on your boot screen. In your case, that would be the one that shows the Acer logo.
Mine isn't listed in my boot screen, but is still there. It is listed in other computers I have seen, but just wanted to put it out there that not every computer is as helpful XD

I really had to dig deep to find out how to restore my computer.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:48 AM   #9
TSF - Enthusiast

My System

Very true, Dracia. There are some that don't list it and there are some that have a button on the body of a laptop, like my Lenovo, or even on the monitor bracket, like my Asus eeePC Netbook, that you find out about in the Manual, or when your cat accidentally steps on it (the Lenovo)... ;-)
Old 04-24-2011, 09:00 AM   #10
TSF Enthusiast

My System

A button to restore the computer? That sounds deadly in the wrong hands >_>
Old 04-24-2011, 12:16 PM   #11
TSF - Enthusiast

My System

Or paws... ;-)

The little boy in my avatar was the guilty party here.