Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

Computer will not go past HP Invent screen

This is a discussion on Computer will not go past HP Invent screen within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I accdently pressed yes on running a program by the name of Jucheck immediatly my computer turned off. After i

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 01:15 PM   #1
Registered Member

I accdently pressed yes on running a program by the name of Jucheck immediatly my computer turned off. After i turned it back on it is stuck in the HP Invent screen and will not go to any of the menus. I called windows tech soppurt and they say I need to re-install windows, but I no longer have the CD. please help!

Old 09-28-2011, 01:28 PM   #2
Moderator - Networking

Jucheck should just be part of the java versification, unless you have a virus of some kind

as the PC starts keep tapping F8 see if a menu appears - if it does choose safemode

Old 09-28-2011, 01:45 PM   #3
Enthusiast

Your HP PC should have a backup image of the factory pre-installed OS on a partition which is usually hidden. When Windows won't start you can invoke the HP Recovery process. Instructions here: Recover Windows Vista Operating System Using HP Recovery HP Pavilion Notebook PCs - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

When you get your PC up and running again, there should be a HP Windows utility in your start menu that allows you to create a set of Recovery Discs. It's essential you do this in case the hard drive fails & you have to install a new one because if that does happen there will no longer be a recovery partition to use.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:46 PM   #4
Registered Member

In addition to the above advice:

Is this a desktop or laptop? Which model & model # of HP computer have you?

If a desktop, if you can't run the HP recovery program, you can try to re-set the BIOS.

If a laptop, if you can't run the HP recovery program, I have no useful advice.

The HP recovery program will probably give you 2 options, 1 of which will be a destructive recovery. Using THAT option, your data will go poof.

I recommend that you create an Ultimate boot CD for Windows, "www.ubcd4win.com" , boot to it, and copy your important files to a flash drive.

To boot to an optical disk, you will need, probably, to change the boot order / sequence, in the BIOS, or press something like F2 [ read the HP Invent screen ] notifiying you as to the Key you need to press to access the boot order, without entering the BIOS.

OR, if you are really skilled, remove the HDD from the computer, connect it to another computer, and copy your important files.

wc00
Old 09-29-2011, 02:38 PM   #5

It can be related to some virus infections also. Please also try just removing the memory RAM and inserting it again so that if Hibernation is the issue, it would get fixed.Yes ofcourse the windows tech support was right, if it is not allowing you to go to even safe mode, Windows reinstall is the only solution rather than wasting your time.