Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

Computer stuck in power save mode

This is a discussion on Computer stuck in power save mode within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello - I'm new to this forum and I have a problem: My desktop is stuck in Power Save Mode.

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 02:32 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello - I'm new to this forum and I have a problem:

My desktop is stuck in Power Save Mode. I am now working from a laptop trying to find some answers. I tried the monitor on my laptop and it works fine. I tried my wireless mouse and keyboard on the laptop and they are fine. So, I assume my Gateway computer is sick or stuck in the mud or ?

I have tried the F8 key several times to no avail. I'm at a loss as to what else to try - can anyone help?

Thanks so much

Old 05-30-2012, 12:16 PM   #2
Registered Member

Since I received no suggestions from the folks who read my request for help I managed to find quite a few older (2-3 years) posts concerning this problem. I unplugged the power cable to the tower, opened up the case and cleaned the inside as best I could. After putting everything back together, I rebooted and pressed the F8 key to control the startup.

The machine managed to get to the desktop allowing me to go to the control panel and change the power save mode to "never". With any luck at all, this has solved the problem

I'll be back if the computer doesn't cooperate!!

(Computers are our friends )