Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

Computer disconnects from wireless when access to certain sites is sought

This is a discussion on Computer disconnects from wireless when access to certain sites is sought within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Whenever my girlfriend tries to access information on her bank account, her laptop disconnects from the Internet. What might be

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 08:23 AM   #1
Registered Member

Whenever my girlfriend tries to access information on her bank account, her laptop disconnects from the Internet.

What might be the reason for this? I imagine it's some kind of security setting.

But I don't know enough to know how to change it or what to do, so I will really welcome any help.

I will be glad to provide any further information if you need it.

Thank you!

Bob Haskell

Old 10-21-2012, 09:02 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Is Java up to date ?

Also it may be that the site doesn't like v7, in which case you can install and run v6 alongside v7 or just run v6 - however from December this year, v6 will be auto updated to v7.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to Factory Restore your Computer
How to Factory Restore your Computer This tutorial will guide you on how to do a system restore on your Windows computer. Below make sure you read and follow only the tutorial that matches your computer. If an error occurs during the restore process, stop the process and post in the appropriate...
Masterchiefxx17 Windows XP Support 0 03-24-2012 08:11 PM
Wireless access point stops other computers from accessing the Internet
Sorry if the name isnt quite right, not entirely sure of the terminology. I have a TP-Link 150Mbps Wireless Lite N Access point. I have it in client mode. As far as my understanding goes (and what it seems to do) is receive my wireless network, then output it via eithernet. This works and there...
superbriggs Networking Support 1 09-26-2011 07:10 AM
[SOLVED] VCExpress Problem, Probably AppData\Permissions Problem?
I think it should be related to this forum because I think the problem is something with AppData \ Permissions which is related to Windows 7. I'm having a problem while running\installing Visual C++. The problem started 2 days ago, it did work before. When I'm trying to run I'm getting this...
benben12 Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 8 02-09-2011 12:45 PM
Power Supply Information and Selection
:smile: CHOOSING AND UNDERSTANDING A POWER SUPPLY UNIT The power supply unit in today’s modern computer assumes a role probably more critical than any other single component in your system even when compared to the CPU and motherboard. Therefore, there are multiple factors that must...
Tumbleweed36 RAM and Power Supply Support 0 07-09-2006 03:41 PM