3K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  adopamop 
#1 ·
"Client Side Encryption not supported by..." --> "computer failing to load"

Hewlett-Packard
HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU
RAM: 6 GB
64-bit Operating System

It started while i was browsing anime viewing websites on Firefox.(Both of which I've used for years.) Also note AVG's Resident Shield was online, and i don't remember going anywhere strange or downloading strange files. I had scanned used malwarebytes anti-malware the day before and found nothing.

Randomly, I received a blue screen stating something like "Client side encryption is not supported by the remote server even though it claims to"

After restarting, my computer failed to start normally.(I think it failed to load the operating system?) It went to some kind of auto repairing thing to fix itself in order to startup properly. But it failed.

Safe mode = same as above

Last Known Good Configuration = same as above

Bootlogging? Debugging? Description was it would mention at which startup file it failed to load. It loaded files from the top of my screen to almost the middle, which is about < 10 things. It failed, and without telling me any new information, did the "same as above".

3 attempts of system restore. One was more than a month ago. It would get to the end and "finish" restoring for a brief moment, then immediately show an error pointing to "...Appdata/Roaming/Firefox/(jumble of letters).profile/session(the rest was cut off, but i thought i could see half an "s") It said it couldn't replace the file?

chkdsk didnt find any problems.

So my problem began while using Firefox, and I couldn't system restore because of Firefox? Is Firefox the problem?

Unfortunately I'm impatient, and I've already reformated. What I would like to be told is possible culprits, and to be told I can continue to use Firefox safely(like i am right now).

P.S. I have to rant. This is my second attempt at posting this, automatic restart due to updates claimed my first attempt(spent 30 mins?). Even though this is nothing compared to the many hours this particular mechanism has stolen during my college years.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Re: "Client Side Encryption not supported by..." --> "computer failing to load"

I have no idea what kind of server you may be referring to, or what part of my computer use had to do with a server. (im not particularly very computer literate, so please explain so i can avoid these problems in the future)

I only got this problem once at the very beginning. After my comp restarted, my new and only problem was that my comp wouldnt load the OS (at least i think thats the stage it failed at, it was some point in startup)

#4 ·

The web server, you said you were browsing some Anime site. That full message reads "Client Side Encryption is not supported by the remote server even though it claims to support it."

The problem is as stated, it encountered some error with that site that crashed your system.

#5 ·

So it's just a coincidence the "client Side Encryption..." error occurred before the computer began to fail starting up properly?

If thats the case, i still need to know 2 things.

Why would cause my computer to still not be able to start properly even in safe mode, last known good configuration, or after it tried to automatically fix itself?

To be more precise, when choosing safe mode or last known good configuration, roughly 5 seconds later it would "fail to start" and would begin trying to auto-repair itself to be able to start.

The other thing i want to know is why "...Appdata/Roaming/Firefox/(jumble letters).profile/sessions..." prevented me from restoring my computer to an earlier time.

And also, thanks for your replys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.