Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

change language from spanish to english

This is a discussion on change language from spanish to english within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi I have just brought a new acer laptop . it runs on vista home premium. I realy need to

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 12:51 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi I have just brought a new acer laptop . it runs on vista home premium. I realy need to change the language to English any ideas..... I have set the country and every thing up in english but every thing else remains in spanish...

Old 08-07-2007, 05:17 AM   #2

Location: Tech Support Forum, Online - Otherwise Brighton, United Kingdom
OS: Dual Booting - Windows XP Home Edition SP2 & Vista Home Premium

My System

Send a message via MSN to Jaymie1989

Hi,

Welcome To TSF.

Have you changed the language and region in control panel?

Jay.

Old 08-07-2007, 01:48 PM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via Skype™ to konradinho

What is still in Spanish?
Old 08-08-2007, 05:09 AM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie1989 View Post
Hi,

Welcome To TSF.

Have you changed the language and region in control panel?

Jay.
Hi

When I set the lap top up It ask for country, language, etc. I put it all into English. However all the instructions etc for the progs and things come up in Spanish, so any ideas
cheers
theresa
Old 08-08-2007, 05:59 AM   #5
Registered Member

Send a message via Skype™ to konradinho

Where does your laptop originate from? I assume that the parent language of the OS is Spanish... :)

You may want to look at your display language. This is what you do:

Start > Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region > Regional and Language Options.

Once in the Regional and Language Options, click the Keyboards and Languages tab. If you see a drop down list of languages, see if it is set to English. If not, set to English. However, if you do not have this list there, you may need to install it.