Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

CD drive "Application not found"

This is a discussion on CD drive "Application not found" within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. So I'm running Vista Ultimate, and have had no problems up with the CD drive whatsoever. But now, seemingly randomly,

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 12:17 PM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to tmbreard

So I'm running Vista Ultimate, and have had no problems up with the CD drive whatsoever. But now, seemingly randomly, when I click on the "CD Drive" icon, it says "G:\ Application not found." When I go into My Computer, I click on it and it says the same thing. If I have a game CD in that is already installed, I can click on its icon and it will run fine, and whenever I put a CD in, it sounds like it's spinning. I have looked all over every forum I could find, but I haven't found a good way to fix this (other than replacing it, which will be a pain). I'm not awesome with computers, so please simplify any explanation as much as possible.
Thanks.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:38 PM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

hi and welcome here is one possible http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060 please rad it carefully and if when carrying out the instructions you find only one of the filters mentioned remove it