Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

Can't Open Folders?

This is a discussion on Can't Open Folders? within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I'm running windows 7 Home Edition. When I try to open a folder, or My Computer, Documents etc, the folder

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 07:19 AM   #1
Registered Member

I'm running windows 7 Home Edition. When I try to open a folder, or My Computer, Documents etc, the folder will act as if it is open on my taskbar, but nothing shows on my desktop. When I move my mouse over the taskbar icon for the folder it shows that it is open. If I left click on it, it will act as if it is open out of screen on the right. If I right click and try to maximize it will still not open. FYI, this only started occuring when I was having trouble with Steam and when my games would crash. I used a system info tool to create a log of all my hardware, software and settings
C:\Users\Craig\Desktop\SIW_FREEWARE_CRAIGSPC_20110616_115851.html

Old 06-16-2011, 07:25 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 7 Ultimate X64 and x86 SP1 & Windows XP Pro SP3

My System

Send a message via Skype™ to TheGift73

Hi obbig80 and welcome to TSF,

Can you go to

Quote:
C:\Users\Craig\Desktop\SIW_FREEWARE_CRAIGSPC_20110616_115851.html
and zip just the SIW_FREEWARE_CRAIGSPC_20110616_115851.html file and attach it to your next post.

Quote:
If I left click on it, it will act as if it is open out of screen on the right.
Probably not the case, but have you ever had duel screens set up, but one of them isn't connected at the moment, hence it thinks it's open, but just not on the correct screen? Have you identified your monitor as the primary.

Old 06-16-2011, 08:48 AM   #3
Registered Member

Sorry for wasting your time...I managed to fix it in the end
Old 06-16-2011, 09:04 AM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 7 Ultimate X64 and x86 SP1 & Windows XP Pro SP3

My System

Send a message via Skype™ to TheGift73

No worries. Can you say how you fixed it, just in case someone else has a similar issue?