Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

cannot open Network and sharing Center (and more...)

This is a discussion on cannot open Network and sharing Center (and more...) within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Windows 7 Ultimate I can't open a lot of applications since 2 weeks ago, which included Network and Sharing Center,

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 03:52 PM   #1
Registered Member

Windows 7 Ultimate

I can't open a lot of applications since 2 weeks ago, which included Network and Sharing Center, Windows Media Player 11(when I open music files, it says "Server Execution Failed"), Windows Image Viewer, Windows Update, Windows Defender, even Garena!!

The network icon also displays an "X" in the connection (sometimes not at all) but I still have internet.

I'm not sure what made this happen, but I read it's a Windows bug (or something like that), and it's making me nuts. A few restarts fix the problem, but it keeps on coming back.

Also, when I shut down, Windows would say "Closing explorer.exe (Playing logoff sound...)", and it won't turn off until I force restart.

Old 05-06-2010, 03:54 PM   #2
Registered Member

Just to add, my AVG and Spybot - S&D didn't find anything related to this problem...