Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

Cannot download anything ANYTHING + I can't virus scan.

This is a discussion on Cannot download anything ANYTHING + I can't virus scan. within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey guys , uhmm.. My computer has not been functioning very well lately I can't download anything ANYTHING , when

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 10:45 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hey guys , uhmm.. My computer has not been functioning very well lately I can't download anything ANYTHING , when I turn on my computer it says "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142)" and I can't perform a virus scan , I can't download adobe reader(because I cant watch any videos) , I basically can't do anything besides going on the internet. It says that my computer is missing an insential dll (Nvcpl.dll) , I can't open my spybot search and destroy , I can't scan any viruses (I am using Avira).

Can anyone help me out?

Old 08-03-2011, 11:56 AM   #2
Tech Hardware Team
BSOD Kernel Dump Expert

OS: Windows 8 Ent, Server 2012, 2012R2, Server 2008 R2 Stnd,

My System

can you boot into safe mode and try to run a virus scan to see if you are infected?

Getting into Windows Safe Mode

Memory Test
Old 08-05-2011, 08:04 PM   #3
Registered Member

0xc0000142
Hey guys , uhmm.. My computer has not been functioning very well lately I can't download anything ANYTHING , when I turn on my computer it says "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142)" and I can't perform a virus scan , I can't download adobe reader(because I cant watch any videos) , I basically can't do anything besides going on the internet. It says that my computer is missing an insential dll (Nvcpl.dll) , I can't open my spybot search and destroy , I can't scan any viruses (I am using Avira).

Can anyone help me out?
Old 08-06-2011, 12:25 AM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

Do a system restore.

Windows 7 System Restore - Windows 7 features - Microsoft Windows

Once you are able to install and configured things, do a full system scan for viruses and spyware.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:41 PM   #5
Registered Member

doesn't work I still get an error.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:08 PM   #6
Registered Member

Sorry for reposting this again I just can't find any help :/

I can't download anything , I tried going into safe mode nothing worked , I am using avira virus scan and when I try to scan I click complete system scan but nothing happens.

Can anyone help me out?
Please do , more comments and help the better =)
Old 08-06-2011, 10:29 PM   #7
- Microsoft Support
- Networking

Nvcpl.dll belongs to the Nvidia control panel for your graphics card. Use another computer and download the latest graphics drivers/software package for your video card. Save them to a flash drive and install them on the problem computer.

Old 08-06-2011, 10:32 PM   #8
- Microsoft Support
- Networking

Danni, also, please do not start a new thread on the same topic. I've merged both your threads together.

Old 08-06-2011, 10:40 PM   #9
Registered Member

Alright sorry but I can't download anything so how am I supposed to install it?
Old 08-06-2011, 10:50 PM   #10
- Microsoft Support
- Networking

Reread my previous post....

Can you download the nvidia software on another computer?

Old 08-06-2011, 10:53 PM   #11
Registered Member

Yes but how am I supposed to bring it to my broken computer?
Old 08-06-2011, 11:00 PM   #12
- Microsoft Support
- Networking

Danni.... my post was only 2 sentences long. what aren't you understanding?

1 Using another computer, go to Nvidia's website and download the latest software for your video card.
2. You save the download to a USB flash drive, external hard drive or burn it to a cd on a working computer.
3. You connect the USB drive to the problem computer or insert the CD with the downloaded software into the problem computer and install it.

Old 08-06-2011, 11:11 PM   #13
Registered Member

Ill try thank you but im not sure if I can install.
Thank you.