Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cannot Delete a downloaded ISO

3K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  disinfertention 
#1 · (Edited)
So I got all nostalgic the other day and decided to download the free version of Command and Conquer. In my haste I found out that the ISO images wouldn't work with Windows 7, but they had a fix which was to download a different file and not use the ISO image. I had already burned it and tried to install off of the disc.

The ISO file is on my desktop which means it's on my SSD... so obviously I want to remove it as it is taking up 600mb's of space. I've tried safe mode, 3rd party programs, ending different tasks... and nothing is working. I searched this site to see if anyone had similar problems and searched for the specific problem of not being able to delete the C&C ISO across google with little success. It may be my weak google-fu, but so far I'm coming up short.

Does anyone have any bright ideas on why this isn't able to be deleted?

The error it gives is that the file is open in System.

#2 ·
I managed to fix my own problem.

The issue was a program that I thought had been deleted, but it had not. Magic Disc version 2.7 was used when I couldn't get the C&C burned disc to work. I guess other people have had issues when removing Magic Disc, so I had to go through and dig it out of the registry.

MagicDisc... not good! How to uninstall it when it fails. | Practically Quixotic...

That's the guide I used. Once I removed parts of it from the registry it let me uninstall the program and then I was able to delete the ISO file off my desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.