Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[SOLVED] Cannot access some websites that I could before

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  bigbadbaba 
#1 ·
I started having some problems. Lots of freezing so did system restore back a couple times to different times looking for time before problems. Had to try and reinstall AVG but then started getting all kinds of crazy pop ups so uninstalled. Reinstalled IE11 and installed Avast and cannot access some websites, like msn or anything to do with Microsoft and also can't get cbs. Ran the File checker tool and it fixed those problems but don't know what to do to get my other sites back. I'm running Windows 7 with Service Pack 1. Real novice so need help in simple terms (senior citizen). Thanks. B:sad:

#6 ·
Re: Cannot access some websites that I could before

If you are getting Popups, and had trouble installing AVG then you are most likely infected. Please click on the link that Sobeit suggested in Post #2, do those things in Safe Mode and please post to that section of the forum and not here.
While waiting for a reply from the Security forum, download ADWcleaner. This will remove any popups, redirects, unwanted toolbars, and may allow you to view the web pages you are looking at.

#10 ·
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.