Bose Speakers

This is a discussion on Bose Speakers within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello. My son just installed Windows Vista Ultimate over XP. Ever since he did this, my Bose Companion 2 speakers

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 01:42 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello. My son just installed Windows Vista Ultimate over XP. Ever since he did this, my Bose Companion 2 speakers have stopped working. I know it's not the speakers with the problem because I took them to work to test them out. The system does not even recognize that there is an audio device installed.

I have contacted Bose customer support but they could not help me, and suggested I contact Microsoft. As I am on eternal hold (48 minutes so far) with Microsoft, in hopes of getting help, I am requesting help here.

I would truly appreciate any help with this. Thanks!!

Old 09-06-2008, 02:46 PM   #2
Team Manager, Gaming
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
Team Manager, Hardware Team
Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

What brand and model computer do you have if you have upgraded the sound card what brand and model is the card?
Most likely you don't have a driver installed for the audio card, If you check in device manager (Start> right click on "Computer" select "Properties">select the "Hardware" tab> click on "Device Manager" do you see any yellow question marks if so on what devices?
Closed Thread