Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

blinking address bar

This is a discussion on blinking address bar within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, recently ive been having a problem with my pc where the internet explorer address bar drop down menu blinks

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 11:44 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello, recently ive been having a problem with my pc where the internet explorer address bar drop down menu blinks repeatedly several times per second, as in the drop down menu goes "up/down up/down" really fast meaning I cannot do anything on that page becuase it lags out my computer. The promlem is the same on other bowsers too aswell as on my documents.

Ever since i started having this problem whenever i boot up my pc i get a blue screen displaying different options to do with fan speed and stuff like that. Ive ran various scans and hijacked various files and I am pretty sure it is not a malware infection. I have also done a chkdsk check aswell but nothing seemed to be abnormal.

Ive looked around sites and no one seems to really know a cure for this, and i am not entirely sure if it is a software or hardware problem.

thank you for reading and I hope you can help me.

Old 07-29-2011, 02:31 PM   #2
Registered Member

bump, anyone have any ideas?

Old 07-29-2011, 08:40 PM   #3
- Microsoft Support
- Networking

How about a stuck keyboard key or mouse? That's all that comes to mind off the top pf my head. Have a spare of either that you can try out or borrow?

Old 07-29-2011, 10:48 PM   #4

I searched "blinking address bar" and all the hits pointed to malware.

You could try removing stuff from IE in order to make the problem go away, but I wouldn't waste the time, instead send the IE back to "factory defaults".

Reset Internet Explorer Settings - IEBlog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search