Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

black screen start asking for password

This is a discussion on black screen start asking for password within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. when i start the laptop the screen comes up black with a request for a password and it is not

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 09:02 AM   #1
Registered Member

when i start the laptop the screen comes up black with a request for a password and it is not my personal password. During working with it last night it locked up and required a power down and restart and the black screen was what came up before anything else. in the middle of the screen is a blue bar with "enter password" in the bar. it most be a microsoft password requirement used by them it is not asking for my password.

Old 07-11-2008, 12:02 PM   #2
Registered Member

My System

Send a message via MSN to christopher2405

I think this is more likely to be a BIOS or Hard Drive password if it comes up before the Windows loading screen. Probably need to contact manufacturer.