Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

Black Screen on Dell Inspiron 1545

This is a discussion on Black Screen on Dell Inspiron 1545 within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Was Given a computer and asked to wipe out hard drive so he can give his old laptop to his

Old 08-29-2013, 07:15 PM   #1
Registered Member

Was Given a computer and asked to wipe out hard drive so he can give his old laptop to his mother

Put in windows 7 CD and tried to do factory reset from control panel

when the system reset for the first time i got an error saying it cannot boot press ctrl-alt delete to restart

did that and went to bios changed boot to CD first with windows 7 CD in( iso burned from windows website)

now it gets passed the windows login icon and just goes to a black screen with the cursor

no matter what i do in the F8 screen system restore safe mode etc. it still brings me to the same screen

just trying to get a factory restore of windows 7 and i am at a loss

Old 08-30-2013, 07:22 AM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi try this Startup Repair - Windows 7 Help Forums and post back with the result

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
joeten is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dell Inspiron 1525 no screen display
Last night my dell laptop totally shut down on me. I had it turned on for only about 5 minutes then the blue screen of death appeared saying no hard drive was found. I have been through this many times before so I went to set it down and it dropped on to the floor (only about 2 feet) on to carpet....
ghettorocker Laptop Support 4 10-19-2012 09:43 AM
[SOLVED] Laptop (Dell Inspiron M5030) screen remains black when trying to boot, and b
This morning, when I tried to turn on my laptop, the screen stayed completely black while booting. Then, it made eight loud beeps, one after another. It paused for a short time, then did eight more, and continued this. I looked this up, and people say that the number of beeps will tell you the...
KevinHawke Video Card Support 1 01-18-2012 04:13 PM
BSOD - Dell Inspiron 1545
My kids both have Dell Inspiron 1545ís. One of them started blue screening. Iíve reloaded windows 7 home premium from the recovery discs more times than I can care to mention. The laptop specs are basically a stock Inspiron 1545, Intel Dual Core 2.3Ghz, 4GB RAM, 250MB hard drive. Iíve...
hayash BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 3 01-04-2012 11:33 PM
Dell Inspiron cant get past the dell passwd screen -no cursor. Help!!
:mad::normal: I just purchased a used Dell Inspiron When I turn it on while its loading the screen say F2 setup F12 bootoptions Ive pressd both of these and nothing happens. Then a screen comes up thats white with blk letters and says dell inc. and that the computer system is protected by a...
thepinkgypsy Laptop Support 1 06-25-2011 04:59 PM
dell inspiron N1410 and now its screen black after bios update
during updating bios power off of dell inspiron N1410 and now its screen black while its power indicatin ON. whats to needs and i have no bootabe cd of bios oprating system.
ajmaljadoon Laptop Support 1 02-25-2011 03:03 AM