Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

AppData files being saved to the wrong user account

This is a discussion on AppData files being saved to the wrong user account within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. So for some reason all of my personal profile settings for applications are being saved to the wrong user accounts.

Old 11-27-2013, 01:28 PM   #1
Registered Member

So for some reason all of my personal profile settings for applications are being saved to the wrong user accounts.

For example my current account's app profiles are being set under the Guest appdata local roaming folders.

How can I change it so everything is set under the respective user's account folder?

Old 12-22-2013, 02:53 AM   #2
Windows Tech Team

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in helping you, if your problem is still around, please can you do the following:
> Click on the Start button/globe.
> Enter User Accounts into the search bar and open.
> In the new Window, click on Change my environment variables.

Whilst leaving that Window open...
> Click on the Start button/globe.
> Type the following but do not enter: %USERPROFILE%
> Take a screenshot and post back here.

This screenshot should show the Environment Variables window and the results of inputting %USERPROFILE% into the search bar.

You can upload screenshots to this forum by going to Go Advanced when replying, then inside the Additional Options there is a Management Attachments button. Of course, you can also upload to any other image sharing site and share the link.

Thank you.

Old 12-22-2013, 04:00 AM   #3
- Microsoft Support

OS: XP, Vista, Seven, & a whole host you would never have heard of.

Hi, far easier if you go to start , search and type, cmd, right click on the returned cmd.exe and select "run as administrator" at the prompt type:-

set > 0 & notepad 0 (press enter) post the notepad outcome here.

jenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 04:07 AM   #4
Windows Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenae View Post
Hi, far easier if you go to start , search and type, cmd, right click on the returned cmd.exe and select "run as administrator" at the prompt type:-

set > 0 & notepad 0 (press enter) post the notepad outcome here.
Apologies phyl0x, jenae's described method is definitely far easier. Sorry about that.