Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

"An Error Occured while Internet Connection Sharing was being enabled (null)"

This is a discussion on "An Error Occured while Internet Connection Sharing was being enabled (null)" within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I've been using my laptop to connect my Xbox 360 to Xbox Live for some time now via ICS. Recently

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 07:27 PM   #1
Registered Member

I've been using my laptop to connect my Xbox 360 to Xbox Live for some time now via ICS. Recently Live stopped working and I wanted to uncheck and then recheck the box that "allows sharing" under your wireless connection properties. But now when I do that, I get the error mentioned in the title:
"An Error Occured while Internet Connection Sharing was being enabled (null)"

Does anyone know what is causing this and/or how to fix it? I'm running Windows 7.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:24 AM   #2
Registered Member

I realize its been a couple months hopefully you have resolved this but if someone else is having this problem then here is a possible solution... If you have windows firewall disabled through another service try re-enabling it, worked for me.