Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

after reinstall windows laptop is running slow

This is a discussion on after reinstall windows laptop is running slow within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hello thank you for paying attention :) after reinstall windows (vista p2) laptop is running slow also shutdown takes to

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 08:37 AM   #1
Registered Member

hello thank you for paying attention :)

after reinstall windows (vista p2) laptop is running slow also shutdown takes to long and starting takes abit longer

some1 know how to make computer fast

Old 09-03-2011, 08:50 AM   #2
Administrator

Team Manager
- Networking
- Microsoft Support
- Hardware

Did you load the Chipset and other motherboard drivers? Have you installed the newest Service Pack and Windows Updates? What antivirus are you using?

Old 09-07-2011, 12:45 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Rich View Post
Did you load the Chipset and other motherboard drivers? Have you installed the newest Service Pack and Windows Updates? What antivirus are you using?
how to load chipset and other motherboard drivers? if you mean windows update yes i did all windows update. should i instal uniblue driver update installer?

service packs also updated and installed.

i was using microsoft assentials anitivirus after deleting stil slow

if i tipe a message the letters don't appear immediately but after some seconds wen i have already tiped few words, it's some kind of lag maybe hard disk problem.
restarting and opening Firefox or Internet explorer and other programs still take to long then it suppose to
Old 09-07-2011, 12:49 PM   #4
Administrator

Team Manager
- Networking
- Microsoft Support
- Hardware

You get the Chipset and other drivers from the manufacturers support site . . what Brand and Model is this pc?
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Check-up please
Hi All, There are no specific problems with my computer, but if I could have a check-up for peace of mind then that would be greatly appreciated. Below and attached are the log files as requested . DDS (Ver_2011-06-12.02) - NTFSx86 Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.5512 BrowserJavaVersion:...
ben1390 Resolved HJT Threads 5 06-22-2011 07:40 PM
Google Redirect
Hi everyone! Last week my computer had bluescreened and it had the Critical Disk Error virus which I was able to remove using rkill & Malware, but now it seems that I am having the Google Redirect problem. Not sure if these two are related, but wanted to include that in there in case it was. ...
irenekau Resolved HJT Threads 1 06-14-2011 01:06 PM
Netbook Hijacked? freeze problem, Acer AspireOne
To whom it may concern: Thanks for taking the time to help me. My Acer netbook worked great for over a year before it recently was overcome with locking up / freezing issues. I've performed many hard reboots lately, which leads me to believe I have a nasty trojan or rootkit issue, but I have...
badbassrandy Inactive Malware Help Topics 7 05-28-2011 07:29 AM
Fake Windows Security Program has infected my computer! Please help me remove it!
i was simply browsing the web, and when I hit a link this Windows Security scanner program popped up with several different pop ups and tried telling me my computer was infected with all these particular files. I didn't subscribe to it or anything I just clicked out of it. Now, my computer...
flip25 Inactive Malware Help Topics 4 04-12-2011 11:23 AM
Random popups and site redirecting virus
Hello, I'm new to the forum and my problem is that I'm being redirected to unwanted sites like Tazinga or Binkx. I'm running Windows XP and my laptop is about 7 years old. Any help would be great! Here are the Hijack specc UNLESS SPECIFICALLY INSTRUCTED, DO NOT POST THIS LOG. IF REQUESTED,...
Hexamus Inactive Malware Help Topics 2 01-11-2011 07:15 PM