Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

After Login Screen, Black screen with white cursor only

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  JimE 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi there, I hope everyone is well.

I have a strange issue that started happening recently. System restore doesn't help as it happens with multiple machines.

I have a lobby display running from TV via HDMI to EXTRON to Ethernet and back again to the computer in the server room. I have had this setup for a little over a year now working just fine. We recently got a new computer (We lease) for the lobby display and after setting it up, I only see a black screen with a white cursor. I have troubleshot this a little too much that I am now not sure if it's a windows update, video card update, or possible the EXTRON. However, when hooking up a laptop it works just fine as it should.

Please note that I can see post boot and the CTRL ALT DELETE screen just fine, but once logged in I just see cursor. If someone moves cursor I can see it from the lobby display. If I uninstall the video card driver I see everything perfectly fine but when running presentation it's not focused for obvious reasons, so I can't leave it like that.

I have used a Desktop with AMD and latest drivers as well as down graded drivers, issue still is present. I use an older nvidia card FX570, same deal with drivers, still the issue is present. I use a new computer with a new nvidia card, and it works. but unfortunately we do not have any of those available and that's a really expensive machine.

here is where it gets even more strange;
If I hook the computer up directly to the TV and not behind the extron device, it works, both with AMD and nvidia. As of right now I have a laptop running behind the extron and it's displaying just fine.

Can anyone help me with this or give me some other troubleshooting suggestions? I am at a loss and definitely need help!

See less See more
#2 ·
I have a lobby display running from TV via HDMI to EXTRON....If I uninstall the video card driver I see everything perfectly fine but when running presentation it's not focused
What is the make and model# of the EXTRON?
Is it possible to take the EXTRON out of the mix and attach the screen via a long HDMI cable directly to the computer?
Other then that, you are going to need a video driver designed for the EXTRON.

#3 ·
There is not enough evidence pointing to specific driver for EXTRON. I would agree with you but it works with certain computers, not others. I have already connected directly without EXTRON and it worked. I have down graded the drivers to the version that was on there previously when it was running for the year solid without issue, but the problem is still present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.