Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

Adobe Flash - can't update.

This is a discussion on Adobe Flash - can't update. within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. So, according to Firefox's status on my addons currently installed, I had updates for the following: Java Shockwave for Director

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 11:10 PM   #1
Registered Member

My System

So, according to Firefox's status on my addons currently installed, I had updates for the following:

Java
Shockwave for Director
Shockwave Flash

So, I went and downloaded and installed both versions of Java, updated fine. I downloaded the latest installer for "Shockwave for Director" and it installed fine, yet the addon page still thinks it needs updated.

Now, here's the problem, which has been going on for a while, which I have been unable to fix.

Whenever I get the latest installer (I have 6 copies of it now) for Flash from Adobe's website, and run it.. after allowing it access via the prompt, the process proceeds to sit in the background and do nothing. No GUI appears or anything.

I've sat and waited for it. Nothing happens, except the process eventually disappears. I really have no idea when this started to happen, as I used to updated Flash whenever it said it needed it (usually when I'd start the PC up, Adobe would pop up with its little gray window saying an update was available, so I would update it then, and all was well).

Now, however, it seems I'm unable to do so. Of course, I've run all the preliminary scans to make sure it's not malware-related, and it isn't. Something, for some reason, is just preventing the GUI from appearing.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this, or an alternative method of installation that may work?

Thanks!

Old 03-26-2012, 11:32 AM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi flash comes in 2 versions one for ie and another for other browsers,try uninstalling adobe and reinstall the latest version and see how it goes
Adobe - Web Players
Adobe - Adobe Reader download - All versions

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Closed Thread