Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

Acer Aspire Sound Not Working?

This is a discussion on Acer Aspire Sound Not Working? within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey, I'm a total idiot when it comes to computers so was hoping someone could help? The sound's completely gone

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 03:20 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hey, I'm a total idiot when it comes to computers so was hoping someone could help?

The sound's completely gone off on my laptop (Acer Aspire 5536), I've checked the sound coming from the speakers - not that much of an idiot obviously- and read some stuff on the internet but nothings worked. I've checked there's a sound card and that its working properly so not sure what else I can check and how to solve the problem?

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Old 05-24-2011, 03:22 PM   #2
Registered Member

Also more information I've only just discovered, the actual computer sounds are working fine like the start-up noise and stuff. Its only when it comes to watching DVDs, YouTube, iTunes etc that theres no noise. Thanks!

Old 05-24-2011, 03:26 PM   #3
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi and welcome to TSF do you have any error flags in device manager ie yellow ! or red Xs ? have you tried reinstalling the sound driver ?

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:29 PM   #4
Registered Member

Hi, no flags or anything no, I have something called 'ATI HDMI Audio' under Sound which I'm assuming is the sound card? Haven't tried that no...mainly because I have no idea how to reinstall the sound driver?

Thanks!
Old 05-24-2011, 03:32 PM   #5
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi the ati hdmi is in control panel if so check it and see if anything is muted,see if your speakers are in there also,to reinstall drivers you go to the acer support site for your model and download the driver and install

Old 05-24-2011, 03:42 PM   #6
Registered Member

ahh just downloaded a new audio driver and still nothing! under sound devices it does say theres speakers and realtek digital output working but 'realtek hdmi output' not plugged in? is that something to do with it? i did just download realtek audio driver...
Old 05-24-2011, 03:53 PM   #7
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi can you take a screen shot and let us see the set up in sound Take a screen capture (print screen) then use the go advanced button and the paper clip icon to upload it

Closed Thread