Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

acer aspire blue screen after recover attempt (alt+f10)

This is a discussion on acer aspire blue screen after recover attempt (alt+f10) within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. After trying to restore windows VISTA to factory settings by using alt+f10 I'm no longer able to startup my computer.

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 07:09 AM   #1
Registered Member

After trying to restore windows VISTA to factory settings by using alt+f10 I'm no longer able to startup my computer. I never got into the restoring menu!

I get a blue screen with the following technical info:

***stop: 0x0000007B, (0xf789ea98 ,0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

The PC is an Acer Aspire M5500 with windows VISTA home on it.

Also my videocard has been disabled for some time now and i was using the display output on the motherboard.

Trying to install a new videocard was the reason for me to reset to the factory settings.

Can anyone advise me on what the problem might be and how to solve it?!
Do I need a bootable recovery ISO? does anyone have this?

Thanks in advance

Old 07-24-2011, 08:13 AM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows 7 Pro, ME, Vista. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000 & 98SE

There are a probably a hundred reasons for your problem, but let's look at what you've done for a possible cause. If you can get into the bios, see if you can turn off either the card or MOBO display output. I think you might have both enabled. Can you explain what happened to cause your video card installation to fail?

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:29 AM   #3
Team Manager - Hardware

My System

That error suggests a changed startup mode from perhaps ide to raid or enabling AHCI which the OS is not ready for. Have a read here:
Error message when you start a Windows 7 or Windows Vista-based computer after you change the SATA mode of the boot drive: "STOP 0x0000007B INACCESSABLE_BOOT_DEVICE"

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:18 PM   #4
Registered Member

Actually my videocard is working now only windows is not starting anymore (bluescreen)

The problem started when I tried to recover the windows factory settings by using alt+f10 as suggested by ACER

After pressing alt+f10 I got the blue screen.

While trying to resolve the problem i made the mistake of asking for help thinking I had XP installed instead of VISTA so I have also booted an XP recovery CD
Needless to say this didn't fix anything. Hopefully it didn't make it worse.

I've also tried to boot a HD diagnostic cd which failed saying:
"can't load BDOS kernel file:A\IBMDOS.COM
system halted"

currently i'm running memtest86+ ...
This seems very busy outputting 0604 (i've no clue what that means)

I think i may need to boot a vista recover cd? (iso) if so does anyone know where to get this?

thanks
Old 07-24-2011, 03:30 PM   #5
Team Manager - Hardware

My System

What I was pointing to is that if you first go into the bios and make sure that AHCI is not enabled and sata is set to run as ide, the Alt F10 should work to restore using the Recovery Partition.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Closed Thread