Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

Acer Aspire 5736Z

This is a discussion on Acer Aspire 5736Z within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category.

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 10:40 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hey.

I have an Acer Aspire 5736Z laptop, it cut out on me yesterday, i did start up repair but it is telling me that i need the boot disks, which i have not got. After calling up Acer and finding out these disks are £57 im not too keen on buying them, however, i do need to get my laptop back ASAP.

Do you know a download link where i can get the files, i need, burn onto a disk?

It would be a great help, and save me £57

Im running OS: Windows 7 Home Premium.

Thanks.

Josh

Old 05-23-2011, 11:05 AM   #2
Moderator - Networking

its possible you have a partition on the PC which will allow you to restore the laptop
BUT
can you describe cutout?
and - i did start up repair - what did you do

heres how Acer Support: Frequently Asked Questions list for Recovery media and Restoring a system to factory load
Quote:
How to recovery your system from bootup

Locate the Alt key, to the left of the space bar, and F10, on the top row of keys.
Power the system on.
When the system is powered on, tap the Alt and F10 keys together at the same time when the Acer splash screen appears.
It should state "Please wait a moment..." with the Acer logo in the upper left hand corner.
At the eRecovery Management menu it will ask you how to restore.
Click on the restore option you would like to use.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:38 PM   #3
Registered Member

Hi.

Thanks for your quick reply.

I read to do the ALT F10 somewhere else, and I did so.

However, On both the Complete restore and the Restore OS and System retaining user data. Both of these errored out before they ended.

They are now both greyed out. I can't acsess them.

When i say cut out, i mean, im on the laptop, and it just turned off.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:41 PM   #4
Moderator - Networking

take the power supply out
take the battery out
hold the on/off button on for 60 seconds
now put the battery and power supply back together and see if you can boot off the recovery now
if not
then you will need to get the restore CDs from Acer

Closed Thread
Gear in this thread