Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

wont boot cant get into bios...

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  fordie 
#1 · (Edited)
hi all i have tryed to install an extra 8gb of in my pc taking it up to 16gb,
at first it would not boot just kept switching its self on and off with the 16gb{4x4gb} in so i booted up with the new 8gbnram on its own to check it worked and it did so reverted back the origanl 8gb.
all the ram is the same brand and numbers corsair cmz8gx3m2a1600c9b
but now i can not get it to boot up at all i have have tried one stick on its own and diffrent combs but still nothing just hangs on bios screen for a while then a black screen so cant load windows and no mateer what i press to access bios nothing works
plz help:confused:
win 10
cpu i5
gtx750
gigabyte mobo ga-z77-ds3h
8gb ram

#3 ·
Hi thanks for reply...I did look for an update on the site for a an update but never seen one for my mobo..I have tried before as well as I have never been able to get into the bios when the options are there on the loading screen....I am stumped now though as all it dose is load the gigabyte screen then just a a black screen and none of the F buttons work to let me get into the bios.

#4 ·
Hi there,

Try and see if you can at least go into "Safe Mode". Turn on your computer and keep on tapping the F8 key to bring up the safe mode menu options.

Assuming the safe mode menu comes up, then select "Safe mode with networking".

Everything works out well for you.

#8 ·
right so i cant boot in to safemode i cant get in to bios,
even tried reseting cmos by taking the battry out for a good 6 hrs(no jumper) but still only loads gigabyte screen then on to a black screen i am running out of hope......
anyone with more ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.