Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

Voltage flucations...!?!

This is a discussion on Voltage flucations...!?! within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi Support, I was facing processor heating problem and came to know about voltage fluctuations. Please look at the videos

Old 04-01-2012, 05:17 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi Support,

I was facing processor heating problem and came to know about voltage fluctuations. Please look at the videos and let me know whether the voltages are in control or not.

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-01-2012, 06:00 AM   #2
Team Manager, Gaming
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
Team Manager, Hardware Team
Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

What Power Supply are you running, the 12v should never be over 12.6v and fluctuations like that are never good.

Try Plugging a lamp into the socket the PC is in a see if it flickers up and down.
Wrench97 is online now   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can random hardrive spin-down be caused by a laptop battery with low- voltage?
Hi everyone before anyone asks, my mobility power setting preferences already are set so that hardrive is to never spin down on battery or while plugged in. I have a 3 year old 2.5” Seagate 500gb hardrive in my 3.5 year old studio xps 1340 laptop. I recently upgraded my motherboard to the new...
michgott Hard Drive Support 1 03-20-2012 07:00 AM
low voltage battery
CAN SOME ONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM WITH THE ERROR MESSAGE LOW VOLTAGE IN BATTERY
terepu9 Windows XP Support 4 03-17-2012 12:28 PM
[SOLVED] New power supply voltage
I just installed a Corsair 650TX V2 power supply in my buddy's computer to replace a power supply that was slightly unstable and underpowered for his configuration. I am showing 11.91 volts in the BIOS, but Hardware Monitor has always read low for every power supply I tested in there. It read...
silvergoat RAM and Power Supply Support 6 03-11-2012 08:23 AM
RAM Voltage Compatibility/Lagging and Freezing
Alright so I bought two sticks of Samsung DDR3-1600 1.5V PC3-12800 RAM for my Samsung RF511-S02. I bought the first stick because I thought it had the same voltage as the RAM my computer is using right now which is Samsung DDR3-1333 1.35 PC3-10600 RAM. First for what happened when I mixed and...
Asp184 RAM and Power Supply Support 2 02-24-2012 01:54 PM
PSU voltage readings
I have been having completely random BSOD on this system for a while and am trying to tie down the root cause. I have fully tested the RAM, replaced the GPU, replaced the motherboard, checked the HDD and re-installed the OS, but still random bsod. So I thought I would just check the voltages...
MONSTERMONSTER RAM and Power Supply Support 7 02-04-2012 10:07 AM