Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

upgrading ram

This is a discussion on upgrading ram within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I need to upgrade ram and I was wondering if I could get a pci card type device that will

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 10:49 AM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

I need to upgrade ram and I was wondering if I could get a pci card type device that will expande my ram. Thanks a lot for any answers!

Old 08-11-2011, 10:57 AM   #2
computer wizard

scan your system with this link,it will tell you what you can upgrade too,you can only expand your ram if it has avaible banks to do so,you cant upgrade with a pci card

Orca memory Scanner

Old 08-11-2011, 01:13 PM   #3
Team Manager - Hardware

PC Specs?
PreBuilt--Brand name & Model Number
Custom Build--Brand & Model of Mobo-CPU-RAM-Graphics-PSU.
For an OEM PC, Crucial RAM is the nest choice for compatibility.
RAM Memory Upgrade: Dell, Mac, Apple, HP, Compaq. USB drives, SSD at Crucial.com

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:41 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

I have 256mb ram, windows xp service Pack 2 home edition 2002, Dell, pentium 4 CPU 1.7GHz 1.69 GHz. Is that all you need? Thanks for the help so far
Old 08-11-2011, 06:04 PM   #5
TSF Enthusiast

Dell Dimension 4400

Please see below for the Memory ( RAM ) upgrade options available for the Dell Dimension 4400.

Your Scan Results
Your Unique Scan ID: 1030-0562-2164
We have detected that your Computer is a Dell Computer Corporation DIM4400, please see below for the memory options available. Your computer currently has the following memory configuration:
Total Memory Slots: 2
Spare Memory Slots: 1
Total Installed Memory: 256MB (1 x 256MB)
Slot 1: 256MB
Slot 2: Empty

If you have any questions regarding the details and information on this page, you can send us an email that will include your unique Scan ID number, this will enable us to access your scan results and assist with any queries that you may have, simply click here to send us an email.
Memory Details for the Dell Dimension 4400
Standard Memory : 128MB (Removable)
Maximum Memory : 1.0GB
Total Memory Slots : 2
Memory Type : 184-Pin PC2100 (266MHz) DIMM
Notes :