Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

Sony VAIO Laptop - Want to Upgrade RAM

This is a discussion on Sony VAIO Laptop - Want to Upgrade RAM within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Wow, did not realize how out of it I am technically................ I have a Sony VAIO laptop Model PCG-975L, which

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 11:13 PM   #1
Registered Member

Wow, did not realize how out of it I am technically................
I have a Sony VAIO laptop Model PCG-975L, which is about 10 years old, and is operating quite slow. I have tried several things to speed it up (pagefile, ++ off main drive, cookie+ clean-up..... etc., and have decided that might be time to increase my RAM. I ran a program to check my RAM and get a whole lot of info..... but everywhere I look to check out prices, I see different specifications, so I end up not knowing if it is the correct one for my computer.
I currently have 256MB RAM, 2 sticks of 128MB in my computer now, want to replace at least 1 of those 128MB sticks with a 256MB. Looking at the RAM currently in the computer now, it looks like writing says MT8LSDT166HG-10EB1. and it says PC100 on it also.
I believe it also said SDRAM.
Also, I believe it is a 144 pin socket, but did not count the pins...... so would not bet my life on it.
Question is...... can I replace the 2-128MB cards with 1 512MB card, or replace 1 of the 128MB cards with a 256MB card?
Also, can I replace it with a PC133 card?
Finally is there any 1 identidy-specification that I can use to search around for a good price for this?
Also note that it appears that my PCG-975L is also known as/comparable to the FXA35/D system.
Thx.
Bob

Old 06-17-2010, 07:00 AM   #2
Team Manager - Hardware

Crucial is the best choice for OEM PC's. http://www.crucial.com/

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:19 AM   #3
Registered Member

What specific PC specs do you want?

Been looking around........ couple more questions: 1) can I replace my 2x128MB sticks with just 1-512MB stick? 2) Will PC133 work in my system (current RAM is PC100)?

I presume high-density will NOT work in my system, correct?
Thx
Old 06-18-2010, 05:18 AM   #4
Team Manager - Hardware

Crucial's site will have all of info for your PC.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Closed Thread