Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[resolved]My Computer Just Died

941 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  dai 
#1 · (Edited)
okay i fell asleep watching a movie on my computer, and in the middle of the night i heard a beeping sound and the computer restarted. it gave me the ever trusty "please insert system disc message" meaning it could not find my primary hard drive, so i fiddled around with my SATA cables because i have had troubles with them being loose in the past.

The computer then rebooted, and Win XP partially loaded and i was happy. After this it restarted again and wouldn't load. First of all it recognised the primary hard drive as been there it saying "please insert system disc" nonetheless, then after that it rebooted asking for a non-existant floppy drive without booting up to the motherboard screen as it usually does when it begins. I rebooted it a couple of times, same message, then the computer died. I am posting on my old Pentium 1 i jus set up :sigh:, any idea what happened?

I had several suspicions of a faulty PSU, is what happened typical of a power supply on it's last legs? I made a post about the issues i was having a few months ago which several users felt could of been to do with my PSU, could anyone confirm if they came to a head or if it could be something different. I never replaced it.

The post can be found at this link for reference - http://www.techsupportforum.com/f210/can-you-identify-what-type-of-problem-this-is-151110.html

Also is it possible i could have damaged my motherboard, will replacing the PSU do any good? Cheers.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.