Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

PSU may be failing(not sure)

8K views 144 replies 8 participants last post by  Project_06 
#1 ·
In this thread: http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-randomly-resetting-crashing-815682.html I had a issue with something causing my pc to crash, in the end we concluded it was a faulty PSU. Which was probably true since i sent it to Seasonic and they did give me a new one. But i just got a crash in the exact same way about 6 days after i received the new power supply and installed it. The event viewer is showing the same fatal error. Im doing virus/malware scans now to be sure they arent the problem. This crash has only happened once but im not going to wait until this starts happening several times a week to post the problem. Here's my build:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit SP1
Chassis: CFI "CFI-B1010"
Case Fans: Cooler Master "R4-L2R-20AC-GP"(4X)
Motherboard: Gigabyte "GA-990FXA-UD3"
CPU: AMD "FD6300WMHKBOX"
CPU Fan: Cooler Master "RR-212E-20PK-R2"
HDD: Seagate "ST1000DM003"
RAM: G.Skill "F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL"
GPU: Asus "HD7770-2GD5"
PSU: Seasonic "M12II 620 Bronze"

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
The test couldn't find any hard drives. I even checked connections and nothings wrong. Is it possible that while this PSU was faulty it damaged the hard drive? I should mention that it took several attempts to boot the pc after trying the test. As if the test caused damage to the HDD. Although I doubt that.

#16 ·
I already have AutoRuns on my system so I ran it. There were 3 yellow listings and several reds, ill list the reds below:

ASGT
Asus Product Register Service
\Microsoft\Windows\NetTrace\GathernetworkInfo
ATI Ticker
MMACE Deinterlace
MMACE ProcAmp
MMACE SoftEmu

Here are the 3 yellow listings:
Internet Explorer
gdrv
RTHDMIAxAudService

#18 ·
yes it does, also as for the issue that on my other thread, im not sure if they are related. Which is why I posted in the other thread. One problem where my pc is freezing and then one where its restarting. Ill also say that starting the computer ahs become a hassle...again... It takes 2-5 attempts to start it up now.

#24 · (Edited)
Sorry for late response, a storm is coming through my area and I have satellite internet... Anyways ill attach the "Windows7_Vista_jcgriff2" folder now. In response to post #22, (none), Small memory dump(256KB), and Kernel Memory Dump. It is currently set on Kernel Memory Dump. The Dump File has "%SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP" as the text. Overwrite existing file is checked.

Attachments

#25 ·
Could you compress and upload a copy of C:Windows/MEMORY.DMP to somewhere publicly accessible like Skydrive (or w/e it's called now), please, link it back here. It would be useful to see what a crash on the old PSU looked like.

Next, set the System to save minidumps without any overwrite: http://www.techsupportforum.com/for...-computer-is-set-to-collect-dumps-655633.html

Do you have anything overclocked? If so, please drop back to stock settings during troubleshooting.

What date did you fit the new PSU? During April, I see crashes/issues with Java and IE, in previous months, the problems logged were mainly AMD Fuel.

Have you done a Malwarebytes scan? If not, could you do one, please - if you get any hits, please don't action anything, attach the log here first.

The Application Event logs show what appears to be a conflict between Norton and the native firewall, please fully uninstall all Symantec/Norton products (save copies of any license keys first), follow the instructions here: https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/kb20080710133834EN_EndUserProfile_en_us

Once Norton has been removed, enable the Windows firewall and install MSE during testing: Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows

The filtered Autoruns wasn't collected (maybe downloaded to the wrong folder or the BSOD App wasn't run as Administrator?), could you carefully work through the download/collection process again, please, once done, zip the Autoruns.arn file only and attach it.

#26 · (Edited)
Could I just add the MEMORY.dmp file into a folder, compress it then send it here? I'd rather not deal with file sharing websites now, if I have to then I will.

I set the minidumps to NOT overwrite now.

Nothing is overclocked.

I installed the new PSU on April 18th this year. Ive disabled the AMD Fuel service now as I recall some people saying it conflicts with something.

My last malwarebytes scan was around 2 or 3 days ago, ill scan again however I doubt this is malware causing the problem.

How can Norton be conflicting with Windows firewall? Ive disabled the firewall since I got the new psu. Will MSE provide equivalent protection compared to Norton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.