Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

PSU Help

689 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Phædrus241 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Three +12 lines at 10A each won't do the job for you IMHO, because when you total those up and then deduct for lossage on the +12 split style rails, you don't have enough amps for a pci-e card like you have. I would never sell one of those in my shop because if it did work, it won't last long and may take other components out with it when it dies.

#7 ·
400 watts is the very minimum to run that card and I would recommend a 450 or 500 if you can. However, the power supply you have listed is one of the best 400 watt supplies on the market and about ten times better than the other one you previously listed. I think it will run it, but my only concern is if you decide to upgrade some in the near future, you will have to upgrade the power supply again if you go with too small of a power supply now.

#9 ·
The manufacturer's minimum power requirements are always low-balled. We recommend a 400-500W PSU for the 9500GT, no matter what the manufacturer says. I ran a BFG 9500GT on a 350W PSU for a while, but it was laggy and crashed frequently.

As has been said, that's one of the best 400W PSUs on the market, but it doesn't leave you a whole lot of room for future upgrades. I would buy the 450W at least if you can afford it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.