Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Need Help Finding Pin# of RAM

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  TheShadowFl 
#1 ·
I purchased a used laptop recently to just mess around with but I'm having trouble finding the pin of ram it has... It is a Hasee M152s. It only has 248mb of ddr ram so you can see whay I need an upgrade. i've tried alot of system scanners and memory sites but none of them have ever heard of a Hasee. Most Support sites ar in japenese and when translated make little to no sense. If any one could tell me by the markings on the ram already in it how to tell what Pin of Ram it has it would be greatly appreciated.
:sigh:

#4 ·
That may well be, but the two are definitely NOT interchangeable.

The number of pins is really immaterial..........what's important is the type, whether DDR or DDR2 and the speed.

Also, it's important to know how much ram that PC will take.

You might just want to take the PC to a repair shop, where they can determine the type of ram needed and maybe try to find a compatible stick of ram that would work in that PC, without you having to buy the ram till you know it works in that PC.

I have an older laptop myself, that's very picky about what ram it will accept.
I took my laptop to a professional ram dealer and he tried several sticks of ram from different vendors before he finally found one that would work reliably.

Good Luck,
Shadow :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.