Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

HP DL320G5 won't boot up

This is a discussion on HP DL320G5 won't boot up within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have an HP DL320G5 that is displaying an amber light on the power button. There is a green flashing

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 11:01 AM   #1
Registered Member

I have an HP DL320G5 that is displaying an amber light on the power button. There is a green flashing light where the power supply plugs in the back. I have tried a different plug in, different power cable, reseating the power to mb. There is two fans running on the supply itself and a green light on the mb but is not booting up. Trying to figure out if it could be the power supply. It is very expensive so trying not to order it if unnecessary. I have had power supplies go out on another server and several desktops but they always are just completely dead....no lights at all like this one. Any thoughts???? Thanks in advance.

Old 04-20-2011, 11:03 AM   #2
Registered Member

OS 2003 Server

Old 04-20-2011, 11:30 AM   #3
Team Manager - Hardware

When there is no light on the Mobo that confirms there is no power going to it so the PSU is definitely a prime suspect.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:58 AM   #4
Registered Member

There is a green light on the mother board though. I guess I should have stated on the last sentence "unlike this one that DOES have a green light."
Old 04-20-2011, 03:00 PM   #5
Team Manager - Hardware

Sorry, I just caught we're working with a laptop so you would be referring to the Green power indicator and not the Mobo itself.
Will it boot on Battery power?
Remove the battery and see if it will operate on AC power.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Closed Thread
Gear in this thread