Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

emachine EL1358G-51W new power supply without buying new case

This is a discussion on emachine EL1358G-51W new power supply without buying new case within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello and thank you! I found this site because I was researching power supply upgrades for an emachine EL1358G-51W. So

Old 11-22-2011, 09:46 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello and thank you!

I found this site because I was researching power supply upgrades for an emachine EL1358G-51W. So far, I haven't found any recommendations for a new power supply that don't require purchasing a new case. Can anyone recommend a power supply that doesn't need this step? I've already purchased a new video card, ATI HD 5570, and it works in my husband's computer so we know it's not the card.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

The power supply in the computer is a Delta DPS-220UB

Thanks!

Old 11-22-2011, 10:33 PM   #2
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

delta are low quality

always buy case and psu as separate items

this one is on special and cheaper than the 520w model

Newegg.com - SeaSonic S12II 620 Bronze 620W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

Old 11-23-2011, 07:26 AM   #3
Team Manager - Hardware

A PSU with sufficient power for a dedicated GPU will not physically fit into your small form factor case. Your I/O plate is also not removable from the case so you would also need to purchase one to match your Mobo.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Tyree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:38 AM   #4
Registered Member

We've never moved a computer's components from one case to another. But we have installed new ram/hdd/and once a new power supply when it went bad.

How hard is it to move to a new case? How do we find the one that's right for what we already have?

Thank you again!!
Old 11-23-2011, 10:18 AM   #5
Team Manager - Hardware

Moving to a new case is not difficult but your I/O plate is not removable so you would need to get one from the PC/Mobo manufacturer.
Make a list-draw a diagram-take pics before moving anything from the old case for reference.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Tyree is offline   Reply With Quote
Gear in this thread