Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

Computer won't turn on at all after a virus

This is a discussion on Computer won't turn on at all after a virus within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I got a virus on my main computer. I got it from clicking on of those look what this guy

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 08:19 PM   #1
Registered Member

I got a virus on my main computer. I got it from clicking on of those look what this guy did to get arrested or whatever links on facebook. A fake antivirus installed on my computer and it kept telling me I was infected and tried to trick me into installing more stuff. I wasn't worried and went to the first step, system restore. I restore my computer to a few hours earlier. It restored fine. I didn't log in to check to see if the virus was gone instead i just shut off my computer and went to bed figuring that i would just deal with it in the morning. In the morning I hit the power button and it started to power up so i went out to get my coffee and breakfast. When i came back my computer was off and no matter what I did i couldn't get power to it.

Tested to my sure my outlit worked, it did
I replaced the PSU (power supply) that didn't fix the problem.
I tried a new power cable not the problem.
The power button seems to be connected just fine.

Was is just a bizarre coincidence that my computer did this after I got a virus. Or did the virus do this?

It was a plain virus, yelling at me doing all this stuff, installing crap, it wasn't trying to hide itself or from what I can tell fry my computer.

Again, my computer will not take any power, no fans moving, no lights, nothing.

Please help

Old 10-04-2010, 06:34 AM   #2
Team Manager - Hardware

A virus can't prevent the PC from powering on.

PC Specs?
Pre-Built Brand & Model Number
Custom Built-Brand & Model of Mobo-CPU-RAM-Graphics-PSU.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Closed Thread