Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

Computer will not turn on

This is a discussion on Computer will not turn on within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I'm not dumb the cord is plugged. I here the fan running but my power light doesn't turn on and

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 04:12 PM   #1
Registered Member

I'm not dumb the cord is plugged. I here the fan running but my power light doesn't turn on and nothing is getting to my monitor what is wrong with it. I know it has nothing to do win my monitor cause have hooked up another computer to it and it's fine was thinking might be the power button but any idears would be helpful

Old 08-10-2011, 04:26 PM   #2
Hardware Tech Team

My System

Post the make/model of the PC. If custom built then post the specs

MB-CPU-RAM-GPU-PSU brand/wattage

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem with simple Java game
Hello TSF, I've been learning Java recently, and I've been developing a small game that I've been having some problems with now that I'm in beta. It's mostly for me to test my skills, and I really didn't want to have to ask for help, but I can't figure this out for the life of me. So the way the...
Crockeo Programming 11 10-10-2012 07:06 PM
Computer turn off
Hi.. All... my computer turn off by itself.. and when i turn it on, it dont turn on.. only the fan, disk drive, hard drive turn on.. but it dont send signal to my mouse, keyboard and Monitor. after i try a few time or next day.. it turn on.. And microsoft windows error reporting appears.....
Carlosi Motherboards, Bios & CPU 12 07-06-2011 07:58 PM
Windows 7 BSOD - Memory management
Been getting BSOD. Sometimes twice a night, sometimes none. This hass been for weeks. Sometimes I get stuck in a reboot loop, sometimes it wants to run Repair, sometimes it wants me to choose safe mode/no safe mode. Pulled out two 1GB sticks of old dell memory yesterday when it was stuck in a...
dj-anakin BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 7 02-21-2011 04:27 PM
How to disable your security applications
Note: Those which do not have the instructions for re-enabling are usually re-enabled by a reboot. Once the scans are completed, be sure to Turn On "Real-Time Scanning". Adaware 10 Free/Pro Antivirus Open Ad-aware 10 Click on "Real-time Protection" in the left panel, and toggle it...
amateur Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 0 06-14-2010 02:12 PM
Power Supply Information and Selection
:smile: CHOOSING AND UNDERSTANDING A POWER SUPPLY UNIT The power supply unit in today’s modern computer assumes a role probably more critical than any other single component in your system even when compared to the CPU and motherboard. Therefore, there are multiple factors that must...
Tumbleweed36 RAM and Power Supply Support 0 07-09-2006 04:41 PM