Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Computer in Reboot Loop

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Tyree 
#1 ·
I custom built my computer just a little over a year ago and yesterday it randomly turned off while playing Civ 5 with some friends. It then attempted to reboot and then shut itself off and then rebooted in a continuous loop. My roommate is a CS major and we opened up the computer and tested other components and what it came down to was it is likely either the Power Supply or something with Windows 7. Since the reboot loop it is actually lasting longer now. I get into a game or do something and it will shutdown about 5 minutes into doing anything. When I was going to class I turned it on and left it at a webpage to see if it would last while I was at class. when I got back 2 hours later it was still on so I started using it 15 minutes later it shut itself off. Is this typical of a failing PSU or could it be something Windows 7 related if so any ideas on how to fix it? Thanks!

#2 ·
Post the specs. While the case was opened did you blow the dust from the fan/vents?

Motherboard-CPU-Memory-Graphics card-Power Supply brand/wattage

Could be a few things: Fainling Power Supply, Over-heating to name a few.

Boot into the BIOS (System Setup Menu) and post the temp and voltage readings,

#3 ·
Your description sounds like a hardware issue. Posting the info requested by makinu1der2 will help us to assist you in determining the source of the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.