Published 
1K views 85 replies 6 participants last post by  Masterchiefxx17 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
:stop: This page is under editor review! This is NOT the final copy! :stop:

Edit Post #2

English is not my mother language so please, dont be very harsh

Hello everybody, I study
"Technical Computing Applications".

This article is made for everyone who wants to slightly speed up his computer(mostly) and his internet at the same time, amazing huh? :huh:

*Note: I use Windows 8.1, but most of the steps included here can be done in Windows 7 as well, I think..

Third party programs you'll need to install:
  1. Avast Click here to download
    Avast is a free, light and powerful Antivirus Software and also can detect outdated Software!
  2. Malwarebytes Click here to download
    Malwarebytes has a better scanning system of detecting worms, viruses, trojans and other harmful third party software on your computer.
  3. CCleaner Click here to download
    CCleaner cleans your temp files, recycle bin, internet cache, cookies/history, wipes free space and can fix Registry errors(but let's stay out of Registry in this article), so in simple words and terms it releases more free space for your hard disk or your solid state disk!
  4. Defraggler Click here to download
    Defraggler cleans your Hard Disk from "trash" that other Software leaves behind.

So let`s get started!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Let's begin with Avast.
After you install Avast, Avast will ask you to Register in order to keep using its free edition,
you can create an account for free or just log in with your Facebook account,
then proceed to your first scan by clicking the "Scan" option inside the Avast Interface, see below.

Then choose "Scan for Viruses" and when the new window appears choose "Full System Scan".​

• Full System Scan
    It scans the whole system, all your files, all your hard disks, everything!
  • Quick Scan
    Scans the computer where usually threads can be found.
  • Removable Media Scan
    Scans every removable media (everything plugged to your computer's USB sockets)
  • Select Folder To Scan
    Scans a specific folder.
  • Boot-Time Scan
    It will scan your computer the next time the system is started.

*Note, you should do at least one Full System Scan every week or two, just to make sure your computer is safe.
Moving on to Malwarebytes.
Once it is installed open in and click "Fix Now", it will automatically start scanning your computer for the first time.

Once the scan is done, close the program.
Next, CCleaner.

CCleaner, is an amazing software I have to say, it releases so much free space from your computer, it saves money dude! :grin:

So, install CCleaner and then open it, once it is open go to "Cleaner" Tab then "Windows" and click "Analyze" (WARNING:Make sure all internet browsers are closed).

After analyze is done, CCleaner will tell you how much space it can clean (See green square), then click "Run Cleaner".

*Note, if you want to release EVEN MORE free space check the option "Wipe Free Space" under the "Advance" section,
if you check this option, CCleaner will need a lot of time to Analyze and then Clean your computer from temporary files, but it's different for every computer.
And the last one, Defraggler!

Open Defraggler,
there you can see all your Hard Disks or Solid States,
choose one Drive and click "Defrag"(For Hard Disks) or "Optimize"(For Solid States).
Defragging or Optimizing, will clean your Drive from trash that slows down your computer and later your internet.
Optimization will not take more than 5 minutes,
but Defragging could take from minutes to whole hours,
so if you do not have much time, choose "Quick Defrag".

So, that's all fellas, here's how to speed up your machine, easy, fast, simple and COMPLETELY FREE! :dance:

If you have any questions feel free to hit the Reply button, or you can send me a Private Message(P.M) :D!

Cheers,
-Jim
:sleep:

© 2014 techsupportforum.com

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Re: [SIMPLE] How to speed up your computer & internet.

The following article is for anyone who wants a quick way to speed up their computer and internet simultaneously. For those that have the time, I strongly recommend that you read this article by Glaswegian.

Note: Although Windows 8.1 is being used in the article, the same steps are available to Windows 7 users.

Recommended Third party programs to install:

1. Avast: Click here to download
Avast is a free, light, and powerful antivirus software that can detect outdated Software!

Note: Do not install Avast if you are already running an antivirus.

2. Malwarebytes: Click here to download
Malwarebytes's advanced scanning system of detecting new worms, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful software, protects you against internet downloads and can be run along side your current Antivirus software.

Note: Running simultaneously an AntiVirus and Malwarebytes will not speed up your computer, but they will protect it from viruses that can slow it down instead.

3. CCleaner: Click here to download
CCleaner cleans your temporary files, recycle bin, internet cache, and cookies/browser history. After cleaning, CCleaner potentially releases more free space for your hard disk or your solid state disk!

4. Defraggler: Click here to download
Defraggler is a third party defragging software, similar to the built in Windows defragging system. By analyzing and adjusting file locations, Defraggler can adjust your system's file structure for smoother hard drive operation.

Note: A third party de-fragment software is better than the one which comes with Windows, also you can set a scheduled defragment from Defraggler's preferences menu.

Avast

After the installation of Avast has finished, a registered account is required in order to keep using the free edition. (Avast and Facebook accounts are both acceptable.) Next, proceed to your first scan by clicking the Scan button as shown below.​

Choose Scan for Viruses and when the new window appears choose your desired scan.​

• Full System Scan:
    Scans the whole system, all your files, and all your hard disks.
  • Quick Scan:
    Scans the computer where usually threats can be found.
  • Removable Media Scan:
    Scans every removable media.
  • Select Folder To Scan:
    Scans a specific folder.
  • Boot-Time Scan:
    Scans your computer the next time the system is started.

Note: You should do at least one Full System Scan once a month, to make sure your computer is safe.

Malwarebytes

Once installed, open Malwarebytes and click Fix Now. It will automatically start scanning your computer for the first time.

Once the scan is done, and any malware removed, close the program.

Note: Malwarebytes can be ran along side any current antivirus, however, does not replace your antivirus.

CCleaner

CCleaner, releases free space from your computer.

Install CCleaner and then open it. Once it is open go to Cleaner Tab then Windows and click Analyze (WARNING: Make sure all internet browsers are closed).

After the analysis is completed, CCleaner will tell you how much space it can clean (See green highlight), then click Run Cleaner.

Defraggler

First, open Defraggler There you can see all your Hard Disks or Solid State Drives; choose one Drive and click Defrag (For Hard Drives) or Optimize (For Solid State Drives).

Defragging or Optimizing-It rearranges the files on your hard drive so it is quicker to access
Optimization will not take more than five minutes, but Defragging could take from minutes to hours, so if you do not have much time, choose Quick Defrag.

So, that's all fellas, here's how to speed up your machine, easy, fast, simple and is completely free!

If you have any questions feel free to post in the comment box below.

#4 ·

Hi joeten thanks for reply,
1) That's why I say "But let's stay out of Registry in this article"
2) Wiping free space with CCleaner releases more empty space for your HDD, check it out ;)
3) Thank you I didnt know :D

#5 ·

Free space is basically empty as it is there to be written to windows marks it for use. But I see what your thinking.
Most here will tell folks to disable the reg cleaner just to be sure it is not allowed to run by accident, it does make a backup first but folks are not always aware of that, and if it screws things up you may not be able to access the back up.

#6 ·

Yea true Joeten, thanks for the note!

#9 ·

Hi Jim, :wave: and welcome to the Articles section.

:smile: Your English is better than a lot of English people I know.

Regarding content, I'm sure you will appreciate that editors being a little harsh sometimes is what helps to make the end product a good one.

Editing

When editing, to help make it clear to authors what changes we've made, suggested removals will be indicated using strikethrough and suggested replacements in red.

Comments contained within the edit will be made in Green.

You won't be able to edit your own posts for more than a few minutes after posting, as I'm sure you know.

We suggest that when you want to reply to comments, click the quote button and remove the quote tags. Do your edits and submit as a new post.

I have a few points to raise but it will be a little later this evening.

#10 · (Edited)

Hello Deejay, many thanks for your kind words, they mean a lot to me trust me :D, but wait how can my English be better than English people? :huh::cool:
I am a lil bit confused, whatever you mark with the colors you said I will have to quote my post,edit it and then remove the quote tags and post it ?

#11 ·

Hello Deejay, much thanks for your kind words, they mean a lot to me trust me :D.
I am a lil bit confused, whatever you mark with the colors you said I will have to quote my post,edit it and then remove the quote tags and post it ?
Above is the quote when you first click on quote it will show you the whole quote with this at the beginning
and this at the end [/QUOTE said:
those are the tags.

#12 ·

Thats right. And you should always be quoting post #2 as thats the one thats going to contain our edits and comments.

Its up to you though, if you want, you can read through the edits/comments and simply reply in a new post whether you agree with them or not.

No permanent changes will be made until you agree to them.

#13 ·

Great, thanks guys!
As for now, I'm going to bed, good night everyone, or evening :eek:

#17 · (Edited by Moderator)

Hello everybody, I study

This article is made for everyone who wants to slightly speed up his or her computer(mostly) and his internet at the same time, amazing huh? :huh:.

Note: I use Windows 8.1, but most of the steps included here can be done in Windows 7 as well., I think.. For notes, use black, with Note: emboldened and without the asterisk.

Third party programs you'll need to install: Main headings in bold purple.

1. Avast Click here to download
    Avast is a free, light and powerful Antivirus Software and also can detect outdated Software!
  2. Malwarebytes Click here to download
    Malwarebytes has a better scanning system of detecting worms, viruses, trojans and other harmful third party software on your computer.
  3. CCleaner Click here to download
    CCleaner cleans your temp files, recycle bin, internet cache, cookies/history, wipes free space and can fix Registry errors(but let's stay out of Registry in this article), so in simple words and terms it releases more free space for your hard disk or your solid state disk!
  4. Defraggler Click here to download
    Defraggler cleans your Hard Disk from "trash" that other Software leaves behind.

So let`s get started!
Let's begin with Avast.The green you used doesn't stand out.
After you install Avast, Avast will ask you to Register in order to keep using its free edition—you can create an account for free or just log in with your Facebook account, although this is inadvisable—then proceed to your first scan by clicking the Scan When referring to onscreen instructions, use emboldened black without quotes. option inside the Avast Interface, seeas shown below.

Then choose Scan for Viruses and when the new window appears choose Full System Scan.​

• Full System Scan
  • Quick Scan
  • Removable Media Scan
    Scans every removable media (everything plugged in to your computer's USB sockets)
  • Select Folder To Scan
    Scans a specific folder.
  • Boot-Time Scan

Note: you should do at least one Full System Scan every week or two, just to make sure your computer is safe.
Once it is installed open in and click Fix Now, it will automatically start scanning your computer for the first time.

Next, CCleaner.

CCleaner, is an amazing software I have to say,; it releases so much free space from your computer, it saves money dude! :grin:if it wasn't free it would be worth paying for.

So, install CCleaner and then open it, o. Once it is open go to Cleaner Tab then Windows and click Analyze (WARNING:Make sure all internet browsers are closed).

After analyze is donecompleted, CCleaner will tell you how much space it can clean (See green square), then click Run Cleaner.

Note: if you want to release EVEN MOREeven more Use italics for emphasis, not capitals. free space check the option Wipe Free Space under the Advance section,
if you check this option, CCleaner will need a lot of time to Analyze and then Clean your computer fromof temporary files, but it's different for every computer.

And the last one, Defraggler.

OFirst, open Defraggler, tThere you can see all your Hard Disks or Solid State Drives; choose one Drive and click Defrag (For Hard Disks) or Optimize (For Solid States Drives).
Defragging or Optimizing, will clean your Drive fromof trash that slows down your computer and later your internet. If your computer is slowed down then so will be your internet connection.
Optimization will not take more than 5five minutes,
but Defragging could take from minutes to whole hours,
so if you do not have much time, choose Quick Defrag.

So, that's all fellas, here's how to speed up your machine, easy, fast, simple and COMPLETELY FREE! :dance:

If you have any questions feel free to hit the Reply button, or you can send me a Private Message(P.M) :D!post in the comment box below.

#18 ·

is it good now ?:D

#22 ·

Thanks, Deejay! :)
So what now?

#25 ·

Hello,
I can see when you say to edit a post, but you dont say what should I edit on that post :S

#26 · (Edited)

No, you misunderstand, that note is there to tell everyone that, if they are going to edit, they should only edit that post and not the first one. Its best to keep your original post intact in case something goes wrong.

I am editing your article right now but I have distractions so I'll post back as soon as I'm done.

#27 ·

Hi Jim,
I've made my suggestions using our convention. Text we think should be changed or removed is indicated with the strikethrough, replacement text or additional text is shown in red and comments are shown in green, this one for Dave, and this one for me. Masterchiefxx17 uses blue. Have a read through our suggestions in Post #17. When you've decided which to follow and which to reject, press the Quote button, remove the quote tags, make any changes and/or add your own comments, then Submit Reply.

#28 ·

Ooh, my bad, thanks guys ! :D

#29 · (Edited by Moderator)

Hello everybody, I study

The following article is for anyone who wishes to speed up their computer and internet simultaneously.

This article is for everyone who wants to speed up his or her computer and internet at the same time.

Note: Although Windows 8.1 is being used in the article, the same steps are available to Windows 7 users. I use Windows 8.1, but most of the steps included here can be done in Windows 7 as well.

Recommended Third party programs you'll need to install:

Avast is a free, light, and powerful Antivirus software and that can also can detect outdated Software!
Malwarebytes's advanced scanning system of detecting new worms, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful software, protects you against internet downloads and can be ran along side your current Antivirus software.

CCleaner cleans your temporary files, recycle bin, internet cache, and cookies/browser history. wipes free space and can fix Registry errors (Lets avoid Registry cleaning, as it can damage your system even from a trusted program) So in simple words and terms After cleaning, CCleaner potentially it releases more free space for your hard disk or your solid state disk!

Let's avoid registry cleaning AND wiping free space.

Defraggler is a third party defragging software, similar to the built in Windows defragging system. By analyzing and adjusting file locations, Defraggler can adjust your system's file structure for smoother hard drive operation.

Defraggler cleans your Hard Disk from "trash" that other Software leave behind.

So let`s get started!

Let's begin with Avast.
After you install Avast, Avast will ask you to Register in order to keep using its free edition—you can create an account for free or just log in with your Facebook account, although this is inadvisable—then proceed to your first scan by clicking the Scan as shown below.​

Then choose Scan for Viruses and when the new window appears choose Full System Scan.​

• Full System Scan
  • Quick Scan
  • Removable Media Scan
    Scans every removable media (everything plugged in to your computer's USB sockets)
  • Select Folder To Scan
    Scans a specific folder.
  • Boot-Time Scan
Note: you should do at least one Full System Scan every week or two, just to make sure your computer is safe.
Once it is installed open in and click Fix Now, it will automatically start scanning your computer for the first time.

Next, CCleaner.

CCleaner, is amazing software; it releases so much free space from your computer.

So, install CCleaner and then open it, Once it is open go to Cleaner Tab then Windows and click Analyze (WARNING:Make sure all internet browsers are closed).

After analyze is completed, CCleaner will tell you how much space it can clean (See green square), then click Run Cleaner.

Note: if you want to release even more free space check the option Wipe Free Space under the Advance section,
if you check this option, CCleaner will need a lot of time to Analyze and then Clean your computer of temporary files, but it's different for every computer.

First, open Defraggler There you can see all your Hard Disks or Solid State Drives; choose one Drive and click Defrag (For Hard Disks) or Optimize (For Solid StateDrives).
Defragging or Optimizing, will clean your Drive of trash that slows down your computer and your internet.
Optimization will not take more than five minutes, but Defragging could take from minutes to hours, so if you do not have much time, choose Quick Defrag.

#32 · (Edited by Moderator)

Hello everybody, I study

The following article is for anyone who wishes to speed up their computer and internet simultaneously.

Note: Although Windows 8.1 is being used in the article, the same steps are available to Windows 7 users.

Recommended Third party programs to install:

Avast is a free, light, and powerful Antivirus software that can detect outdated Software!

Malwarebytes's advanced scanning system of detecting new worms, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful software, protects you against internet downloads and can be run along side your current Antivirus software.

CCleaner cleans your temporary files, recycle bin, internet cache, and cookies/browser history. After cleaning, CCleaner potentially releases more free space for your hard disk or your solid state disk!
Let's avoid registry cleaning AND wiping free space. Note: CCCleaner is a very powerful tool and can do considerable harm if used indiscriminately. Unless you understand what you are doing, do not use the Registry Cleaner.

Let's begin with Avast.
After you install Avast, Avast will ask you to Register in order to keep using its free edition—you can create an account for free or just log in with your Facebook account, although this is inadvisable—then proceed to your first scan by clicking the Scan as shown below.​

• Full System Scan
  • Quick Scan
  • Removable Media Scan
  • Select Folder To Scan
    Scans a specific folder.
  • Boot-Time Scan

Once the scan is done, and any malware removed, close the program.
Next, CCleaner.

CCleaner, is amazing software; it releases so much free space from your computer.

So, install CCleaner and then open it, Once it is open go to Cleaner Tab then Windows and click Analyze (WARNING:Make sure all internet browsers are closed).

After analyze is completed, CCleaner will tell you how much space it can clean (See green highlight), then click Run Cleaner.

Note: if you want to release even more free space check the option Wipe Free Space under the Advance section,
Note: If you check this option, CCleaner will need a lot of time to Analyze and then Clean your computer of temporary files, but it's different for every computer.

First, open Defraggler There you can see all your Hard Disks or Solid State Drives; choose one Drive and click Defrag (For Hard Disks) or Optimize (For Solid StateDrives).
Defragging or Optimizing, will clean your Drive of trash that slows down your computer and your internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.