Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Driver Support

Windows XP drivers for Philips 7000 series 42" hd tv

This is a discussion on Windows XP drivers for Philips 7000 series 42" hd tv within the Driver Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. This is an old-school question. I've got my Windows XP SP3 laptop hooked up to my Philips 7000 series 42"

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 05:54 PM   #1
Registered Member

This is an old-school question.

I've got my Windows XP SP3 laptop hooked up to my Philips 7000 series 42" hd tv via an s-video cable (the Dell Latitude d810 has vga and s-video out).

How do I get Windows XP drivers for my 42" Philips? Philips.com - under 'software' - only has firmware upgrades for the tv itself. Doing a search at MS reveals that my tv is compatible with Windows 7 and Vista - but with no option to download a la carte drivers.

Anyone have luck with this? Advise please.
Thanks - in advance -
Mark

Old 06-20-2011, 06:00 AM   #2
Administrator

Team Manager
- Networking
- Microsoft Support
- Hardware

and welcome to the Forum

You should not need drivers for the TV . . you might need new drivers for the video card in order for it to work with the TV.

What happens now when you connect the TV?

Old 06-20-2011, 09:20 AM   #3
Registered Member

Hmmm. Good point. With the s-video cable established between the Dell laptop and the HD TV, Windows XP finds the TV and through the display properties 'settings' tab asks if I want to extend my desktop to it. Upon checking that box - the desktop appears on the HD TV - my display options are 1024x768 and highest color quality.

When I go to Advanced>Monitor>Driver>Update to try to load a driver for the Philips - even one of the standard ones (flat screen 1600x1200 or whatever) Windows ignores whatever I choose, leaving the monitor driver generic.

As I type this, I'm thinking upgrading the video card driver might be the best route. Thanks for that tip. Will report back.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:07 AM   #4
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

you don't need to load a driver for the phillips

you do your settings from the video card software
Old 06-20-2011, 10:37 AM   #5
Registered Member

Updating drivers presently thru Dell's Driver maintenance site. Will report back with findings... thanks for the attention...